Devon Energy Anonymous Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Extremely lengthy process. Was contacted for initial interview by recruiter/HR, and scheduled two weeks out, which included three separate interviews with multiple group managers. Did not hear any feedback after multiple follow up emails over the course of five weeks.

Was eventually contacted again by recruiter to schedule a second round of interviews, again scheduled two weeks out, which also included three more separate interviews with different group managers. Again, did not hear any feedback over the following three weeks.

After one month from second round of interviews, a call came with offer of employment.

Interviews were typical, however due to length of time frame and lack of experience in position I was interviewing for, I rated Overall Experience as difficult. I also learned that the department experienced some re-organization within the technician groups as well as at the VP level. Consisted of basic questions revolving around whether I had any experience with their specialized softwares, what my long term goals were, how I handled tasks that I did not have any formal training on, etc etc. I brought along examples of my previous and similar college projects to illustrate that my education could ensure ease of training. Meeting managers for multiple groups basically determined which group I would gel with the best, as the company places importance on fit within departments. All representatives I interacted with exhibited extreme professionalism in appearance and demeanor.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with individuals who do not use the typical methods of data research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was unnegotiable. When attempting to negotiate, employer indicated that the offer was extremely firm and did not indicate willingness to reconsider.