Dewberry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dewberry Interview Questions

Interviews at Dewberry

2.8

GIS Analyst Interview

Interview

This company doesn’t follow up with applicants. Very disrespectful to applicants who take the time to fill out an application and sit waiting for weeks hoping for some kind of notification.

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dewberry (Fairfax, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. The interview lasted about 30 mins and was very straightforward. They mostly asked about specific items on my resume regarding technical skills and experience with types of software or data formats. Friendly personality is a must as well as an obvious interest in continued professional growth via further education or pursuing certifications. Overall, not a stressful interview process. Got an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Lidar technology and do you have experience using Lidar data?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with ASPRS or other professional organizations related to our field?   Answer Question

GIS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dewberry (Fairfax, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Mostly one-on-one meetings with hiring managers and other project managers. Some oddball questions from one old, professor type. Overall, not very intense. The office environment seemed very low-key, almost sedate. People seemed to enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Define the difference between NAVD27 and NAVD89   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dewberry.

Interview

It was a short phone interview with two Dewberry employees. Very basic interview and nothing tricky. We went over my resume the entire time and the employees really only asked me one question at the end (which can be found below).

Interview Questions

• "We have three very similar resumes to choose an intern from, why should we hire you?" (What makes you stand out more than the other two candidates?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dewberry (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

very formal, slightly dry, can be unnerving depending on the hiring manager. Standard interview questions with some mixed in job specific questions. The phone screen resulted in a turnaround time of approximately a week before the 1 on 1 interview. Overall process was fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dewberry (Mayaguez, PR) in April 2015.

Interview

It consisted in a review of my resume. The interviewer asked me to elaborate on my experience and why was I applying for the position. Even though Dewberry doesn't accept applicants below a 3.0 GPA, he insisted that most of what they were considering for new hires were their people skills. The interviewer kept it formal but simple. The only thing I expected was at least an email notifying I was no longer being considerated for the position and I never received one.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dewberry (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. They asked about my resume and other typical interview questions (why should we hire you? what makes you stand out from other candidates? why did you choose environmental/civil engineering? why do you like dewberry? etc.)

About two weeks after they called for a second interview in their office. I met with 6 engineers and they spoke about Dewberry and current projects. They were incredibly nice and gave me great advice on what I should look for in my first job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?what makes you stand out from other candidates? why did you choose environmental/civil engineering? why do you like dewberry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dewberry (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

fairly simple. I got a call to come in have a chat so I showed up. the whole process was good. they asked me questions and I answered and I thought they like me. I emailed a thank you note but no one answered back and since then I havent heard back

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dewberry.

Interview

Attended career fair and talked to recruiter. Sent her a follow up email and was asked for interview times. I had two phone interviews with manager and one in person at the office. They were normal interview questions that you find online, but more questions than average

Interview Questions

• general interview questions, but asked more questions than average   Answer Question

AutoCAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dewberry (Gainesville, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. The two people I met with made me feel at ease. I was happy that they were more concerned with my capabilities for the job than my past jobs and why I left each place. I felt very welcomed and not nervous or overwhelmed.