Dewey & LeBoeuf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dewey & LeBoeuf Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dewey & LeBoeuf

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf.

Interview

Applied directly to HR department. Received an interview invitation. In one day, had separate meetings with personnel, including Attorney HR Coordinator, Director and Chief of the department. Interview lasted 2-3 hours, I believe. Generally good-humored. Coordinator was willing to answer honestly questions about work environment.

Interview Questions

• Questions about planned length of stay were difficult, because I wasn't sure I could commit to the company long-term unless there were clear paths to promotion. (I was told there was opportunity for raises/promotion but, in the end, I faced significant difficulty obtaining raises/promotions despite additional responsibilities.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for small sign-on bonus contingent upon my remaining with team for at least one year. Unsuccessful attempts to negotiate for an increase in overall pay/more PTO. A bit frustrating.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty usual as the went over classes and grade in law school and desires and outlook for myself and the firm. There were no personal questions at the interview and they made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
      Can you work weekends if needed and how late can you work daily?   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Pleasant chat with a very senior partner before being grilled by senior associates. Very relaxed atmosphere inside Hollywood grade law offices. There is no interview process set in stone. Mine was with a partner then a senior associate. I knew I was in after talking to the partner. I think I got lucky...or did I?

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Comfortable process. Testing was comfortable.

Negotiation

Simple and professional

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dewey & LeBoeuf in October 2008.

Interview

highly professional environment, several interviews before meeting with principal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing