Dexcom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

taxing, misinformed, deceitful. First of all they told me things would move fairly quick in the process. It did not. It took a couple weeks. Also they were not very accomodating in the fact that they called me last minute to set up the interview and asked me "whats good for me?" however none of the times that were actually good for me, were good for them as she told me they were pretty much booked.
    So I took off work to go in on a Tuesday. The person who initially greeted me did not even shake my hand.
    The 2 guys I interviewed with did not make any eye contact during the screeening. I understand you are taking notes, but how about at least look up and acknowledge the candidate at least once?
    After the interview the HR department once again stated they move pretty fast and I should hear something in 24 to 48 hours.
    Low and behold 3 days went by, so I reached out to the HR Department at which point they told me they are going to reach out to the team to see how they felt. So you mean to tell me you have not done this already?
    So a week goes by, and I email the hr department again, and they tell me "as I told you before I was out of town last week and will folllow up when I get an answer from the team"
    First of all, you did not tell me anything about being out of town.
    Also there should be more than one person who works in HR and should be looking into things if there is a case where the person who handles the interview process is out of town.
    Also why would you go out of town on vacation and then in previous emails tell me I would hear something back quicker?
    I honestly had a bad feeling about this before the interview and should have went with my gut.
    I hear they pay well, and good luck to you if you are able to get past the initial screeners.
    The HR department is reallly unorganized and need some training in how to talk to people, like perhaps a people person course. Dont work in human resources if you do not like working with humans.

Interview Questions

• Name something you don't like about your current position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First I had an phone interview with one of the recruiters. After the phone interview, I was invited on-site for another interview. It went really well and I really respected my interviewers. I was very nervous, but I did my homework on the company. It was a stress-free environment.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite thing about your current job?   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through their portal. Was emailed a technical question along with a self recording question. Submitted my answers and got a call from a hiring manager a few days later to schedule a conversation. Spoke about my background, interests and resume. For whatever reason he got confused and said I'll have to take the online assessment; called me back saying that I already did...

The next step was a phone interview where I spoke about my experience, projects, etc. They called me back for an on-site interview a few days later. This process was 4 rounds of 2 people each.

Received a call from the recruiter saying that I didn't get the job, although everyone seemed very positive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, data structures, algorithms, previous projects, multithreading, ios frameworks, networking, etc.   Answer Question

Supervisor Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. I was told the hiring process was to be fairly quick. Wanted to hire me with ~2 weeks notice to my current position. They have a high need for t.s. supervisors. Per the reviews here of the company and salary in general, as well as personal goals, I shot high with my salary. Ultimately this is what lead to me not having an offer of any sort. I am ok with that. I know what I am worth and if it didnt show in the interview, I will do better next time.

Interview Questions

• What are some reasons software cant be installed on a computer   1 Answer
    • What is your current Salary   1 Answer
    • what is the cloud   1 Answer
    • where is data stored   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call screen that was a short interview to see if the candidate matched basic qualities for the job and showed interest and maybe could get along with the team or do well in the working environment. Nice interviewer, wasn't too stressful or high pressure questions. More conversational than an interview normally might be.

Interview Questions

• What about your background would make you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard - included both a phone and in-person interview. No tough questions were asked; it was really focused on going over resume, experiences and personal work preferences. The Interview was as expected and the individuals I met with were very nice and informative (I'm sure the team is great to work with); however, there was a lack of response on their end afterward, which is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work for Dexcom?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was just so so, nothing great. Read Glass door reviews beforehand so you know what to expect. The hiring manager was typical for the organization, said one thing but did the opposite while we were talking. It's amazing that there are so many companies that treat people like this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Noel sat me down with 3 other engineers and asked me questions. Typical interview questions. I feel I did pretty well. Everyone was talking, sharing laughs, and asking questions. Noel said I was the first to be interviewed out of a few candidates so someone will get in touch in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying and told they were interviewing for the position the same day and the following day. I am currently employed and the best I could do was come in the next day in the late afternoon. There was no phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service?

Please elaborate on your current role, your day to day activities?

What prior experience do you have that would directly relate to this position?
      Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online, I got call 2 weeks later from HR and scheduled for in person interview. Standard object oriented, software testing tool oriented questions. Also questions regarding their product and company details. Interview was with technical lead and hiring manager. Then few behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers were professional and friendly.