Dexcom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Whole process is defined very poorly , HR is not well prepared with interview panel
    They are not vey soft to you during discussions

They are not vey soft to you during discussions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

taxing, misinformed, deceitful. First of all they told me things would move fairly quick in the process. It did not. It took a couple weeks. Also they were not very accomodating in the fact that they called me last minute to set up the interview and asked me "whats good for me?" however none of the times that were actually good for me, were good for them as she told me they were pretty much booked.
    So I took off work to go in on a Tuesday. The person who initially greeted me did not even shake my hand.
    The 2 guys I interviewed with did not make any eye contact during the screeening. I understand you are taking notes, but how about at least look up and acknowledge the candidate at least once?
    After the interview the HR department once again stated they move pretty fast and I should hear something in 24 to 48 hours.
    Low and behold 3 days went by, so I reached out to the HR Department at which point they told me they are going to reach out to the team to see how they felt. So you mean to tell me you have not done this already?
    So a week goes by, and I email the hr department again, and they tell me "as I told you before I was out of town last week and will folllow up when I get an answer from the team"
    First of all, you did not tell me anything about being out of town.
    Also there should be more than one person who works in HR and should be looking into things if there is a case where the person who handles the interview process is out of town.
    Also why would you go out of town on vacation and then in previous emails tell me I would hear something back quicker?
    I honestly had a bad feeling about this before the interview and should have went with my gut.
    I hear they pay well, and good luck to you if you are able to get past the initial screeners.
    The HR department is reallly unorganized and need some training in how to talk to people, like perhaps a people person course. Dont work in human resources if you do not like working with humans.

Interview Questions

• Name something you don't like about your current position.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in May. I had a call in early June with the recruiting department. A week later I had with the hiring manager. Hiring Manager decided to brought me on-site for a 4 hour interview with 5 individuals. I asked them if they have any hesitation about my qualifications and they said that they did not, adding that in fact they were very happy. Two weeks later Clint Johnson called me to offer me a proposal about senior quality engineer (which is a level below the opening I applied for) with the excuse that I did not have experience in something that was not part of the job description. I accepted since they agreed to sponsor me a green card. Apparently they thought I was making less money than I am earning because then I receive an email to ask for references to make a final decision. They contacted my references and never heard back from them. They did not have the courtesy to reply my emails or tell me that they changed their minds.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, apparently they are having trouble on solving problems as a team.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

My HR person was good, the interviews were good all very normal, but when I actually got hired, the person pulling all the background paper work etc., was dense and caught up in procedure rather than actually finding a solution.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the technical recruiter and then two follow-up in person interviews with senior managers and various people from other teams. Had a 30 minute conversation with each person. It was a very pleasant experience talking with everyone and I genuinely liked every single person I talked to.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were a few interviews. One with HR next with supervisors and then upper management. I was hired on as an Inside Sales Rep then while in training had mentioned that I was a Customer Service Representative. Big Change, I wouldn't have taken the job if I knew that was the position I was going to be offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with change? This company changes a lot.   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through their portal. Was emailed a technical question along with a self recording question. Submitted my answers and got a call from a hiring manager a few days later to schedule a conversation. Spoke about my background, interests and resume. For whatever reason he got confused and said I'll have to take the online assessment; called me back saying that I already did...

The next step was a phone interview where I spoke about my experience, projects, etc. They called me back for an on-site interview a few days later. This process was 4 rounds of 2 people each.

Received a call from the recruiter saying that I didn't get the job, although everyone seemed very positive during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, data structures, algorithms, previous projects, multithreading, ios frameworks, networking, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First I had an phone interview with one of the recruiters. After the phone interview, I was invited on-site for another interview. It went really well and I really respected my interviewers. I was very nervous, but I did my homework on the company. It was a stress-free environment.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite thing about your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with the talent acquisition partner to learn about the opportunity. Second I spoke with my hiring manager on the phone to learn more about the role itself. Third I met with 5 people each for 30 minutes onsite for my second interview. They made me an offer 2 days later which I accepted.

Supervisor Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. I was told the hiring process was to be fairly quick. Wanted to hire me with ~2 weeks notice to my current position. They have a high need for t.s. supervisors. Per the reviews here of the company and salary in general, as well as personal goals, I shot high with my salary. Ultimately this is what lead to me not having an offer of any sort. I am ok with that. I know what I am worth and if it didnt show in the interview, I will do better next time.

Interview Questions

• What are some reasons software cant be installed on a computer   1 Answer
    • What is your current Salary   1 Answer
    • what is the cloud   1 Answer
    • where is data stored   1 Answer