Dexcom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Software Testing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I had just the one interview with HR and they basically hired me on the spot. I was referred by one of the senior software managers that I knew personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Great overall, was pretty easy, hired through a recruiter then became full time soon after. would not recommend working here. go start your own business

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit

Interview Questions

• Where i see myself in five years   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Friendly interviewee's, professional and comfortable enivronment with a firm agenda and clear directions to the office. HR team was cordial and warm in regards to application requirements via phone.

Interview Questions

• Skills, strengths and challenges were discussed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussion via phone

Data Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was over the phone. It was very fast and friendly.I was asked a little about myself and a little ambout my knowlege of the company. Then later that week had a call from my temp agent I was hired. The background check too longer than expected though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about DexCom?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First Phone call (1 hour) with 3 people. It was a very basic behavioral interview. They asked about my previous projects and skill sets. Not much technical. Then i got a call for onsite interview after almost 2 months. Onsite interview was 3 hrs or so , with 4 people, one on one. It wasn't that hard.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP and OOD based questions
      Past experiences
      Write a basic Restful service for CRUD operation (on white board)

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was a former employee and applied to return. I managed to get scheduled for an interview for the same job position that I held at the company years ago. However, I was interviewed by a QA SUPERVISOR that had no prior education or experience in Quality Assurance but somehow managed to get promoted to a Supervisor position in less than a year. Mind you, prior to working at Dexcom as a Supervisor, she was Cashier at a clothing retail store. After I was interviewed, I was told by the recruiter that they thought I was not qualified for the position. They didn't even ask questions about my background, the interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions. I have an extensive background in working in the industry for years. So basically if you dno't have experience you get hired. My old coworkers were not kidding when they said this company has become a joke.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation at work if you did not get a long with a coworker?   1 Answer

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online, I got call 2 weeks later from HR and scheduled for in person interview. Standard object oriented, software testing tool oriented questions. Also questions regarding their product and company details. Interview was with technical lead and hiring manager. Then few behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers were professional and friendly.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying and told they were interviewing for the position the same day and the following day. I am currently employed and the best I could do was come in the next day in the late afternoon. There was no phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service?

Please elaborate on your current role, your day to day activities?

What prior experience do you have that would directly relate to this position?

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard - included both a phone and in-person interview. No tough questions were asked; it was really focused on going over resume, experiences and personal work preferences. The Interview was as expected and the individuals I met with were very nice and informative (I'm sure the team is great to work with); however, there was a lack of response on their end afterward, which is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work for Dexcom?

Reorder Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was given several time slot opportunities to pick from for my interview. They wanted to meet me quickly, but not forcefully. The interview was like having a normal conversation with a friend, just telling them about your work experience. This made me feel very comfortable and confident in the interview. The person who interviewed me was so confident in me that he offered me the job within 20-30 minutes and then gave me a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Which job did you have to use the most customer service techniques in, and what were the challenges of it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick, simple. and mindless. There are a lot of opportunities to grow in this company and once you realize how many people have moved up within months of working here, you will take any pay and run with it.