Dexcom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in May. I had a call in early June with the recruiting department. A week later I had with the hiring manager. Hiring Manager decided to brought me on-site for a 4 hour interview with 5 individuals. I asked them if they have any hesitation about my qualifications and they said that they did not, adding that in fact they were very happy. Two weeks later Clint Johnson called me to offer me a proposal about senior quality engineer (which is a level below the opening I applied for) with the excuse that I did not have experience in something that was not part of the job description. I accepted since they agreed to sponsor me a green card. Apparently they thought I was making less money than I am earning because then I receive an email to ask for references to make a final decision. They contacted my references and never heard back from them. They did not have the courtesy to reply my emails or tell me that they changed their minds.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, apparently they are having trouble on solving problems as a team.   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

In few words I can say it was a waste of time. My interview was at Dexcom in San Diego . The interview process was very weird. I met 7 of the project "Engineers" and I can tell four of them They don't know anything!! They don't even have questions for me to ask !! I'm the one who was asking them!! It was pretty easy interview. I got an offer after 1 week from the interview and declined it because I didn't feel comfortable to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What is Android? Why you love Android? What is Intent? and some other basic questions   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

My HR person was good, the interviews were good all very normal, but when I actually got hired, the person pulling all the background paper work etc., was dense and caught up in procedure rather than actually finding a solution.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Whole process is defined very poorly , HR is not well prepared with interview panel
    They are not vey soft to you during discussions

They are not vey soft to you during discussions

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was a former employee and applied to return. I managed to get scheduled for an interview for the same job position that I held at the company years ago. However, I was interviewed by a QA SUPERVISOR that had no prior education or experience in Quality Assurance but somehow managed to get promoted to a Supervisor position in less than a year. Mind you, prior to working at Dexcom as a Supervisor, she was Cashier at a clothing retail store. After I was interviewed, I was told by the recruiter that they thought I was not qualified for the position. They didn't even ask questions about my background, the interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions. I have an extensive background in working in the industry for years. So basically if you dno't have experience you get hired. My old coworkers were not kidding when they said this company has become a joke.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation at work if you did not get a long with a coworker?   1 Answer

Document Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to answer some basic questions about myself, and then they asked if I can come in for an in person interview. About an hour after my interview I received a call that they would like to offer me the job. Then, within a few hours I received an email to formally accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where change occurred and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the technical recruiter and then two follow-up in person interviews with senior managers and various people from other teams. Had a 30 minute conversation with each person. It was a very pleasant experience talking with everyone and I genuinely liked every single person I talked to.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were a few interviews. One with HR next with supervisors and then upper management. I was hired on as an Inside Sales Rep then while in training had mentioned that I was a Customer Service Representative. Big Change, I wouldn't have taken the job if I knew that was the position I was going to be offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with change? This company changes a lot.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First Phone call (1 hour) with 3 people. It was a very basic behavioral interview. They asked about my previous projects and skill sets. Not much technical. Then i got a call for onsite interview after almost 2 months. Onsite interview was 3 hrs or so , with 4 people, one on one. It wasn't that hard.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP and OOD based questions
      Past experiences
      Write a basic Restful service for CRUD operation (on white board)   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dexcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with the Manager and Supervisor. Spent approximately 30 minutes answering and asking questions. They were both very laid back and professional. It was casual Friday, so maybe that helps.

Interview Questions

• The usual, what was one time where you had a difficult situation, how did you resolve it. Do you prefer to work alone or in a group setting? What was your favorite duty and least favorite at your last job?   Answer Question