Diageo Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Commercial Planning and Activation Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with line manager. Very poor communication from HR and the interviewer himself. The deadline for when I would hear back about whether I had got the job or not kept being pushed back and back and I kept being fobbed off onto different members of the team and struggling to get hold of anyone for updates. They failed on promises they had made about when I would hear back and then just completely ignored my phone calls and emails. Complete radio silence and so I have taken another job with a different company. Very poor form and poor indication of what it's like to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your friends would say are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through psychometric online tests. Made it to Assessment day where there were a number of group and individual tasks. The tests were based on a scenario given to us and we had to interpret and analyse.

Commercial Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Mostly competency based but higher manager then asked very specific questions about my future career goals that I was simply too young to answer. Rest of the assessment centre was group work and role play which was enjoyable. Group work involved pitching an idea based on a brief. Role play involved a sales meeting with a potential client.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself progressing through Diageo?
      What role would you like to be in in 5 years time?
      Answer Question

European Human Resources Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online Application - upload CV, cover letter, answer motivation questions.
    Psychometric Tests - relatively easy multiple choice tests -takes about 30 mins.
    Hirevue Interview - personal questions as well as a 5 min presentation using data given by Diegeo: Which alcohol should Diageo invest in?
    Assessment Centre - 5 Activities including group debate, presentations, mock conflict resolution activity, 1 to 1 chat at the end with member of the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Which option should Diageo consider as a future investment?   1 Answer

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online & answered a few general questions. The invited to an On-demand Skype interview. After that was an assessment centre. This consisted of a role play (comforting an employee who was being relocated), a presentation (had to chose between placing a bar on the moon or adding artificial intelligence to the workplace). This was in addition to a couple of group exercises and an informal chat with management.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Global Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

Interview Questions

• only in the first stage of the interview process but the situational judgement was not too bad and the personality quiz provided feedback which was also very helpful at the end   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Interview

1st stage- video interview

2nd stage - group assessment centre. Consisted of 2 group presentations and 2 individual tasks followed by an informal interview. Whole process was relaxed and fun.

Supply Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo in November 2016.

Interview

First stage consisted of a two part online assessment. First part presented you with a variety of statements where you responded with anything from strongly agree to strongly disagree. Watch out here because they will reword various statements and ask them later on trying to trip you up. The second online test will present you with a variety of situations, you'll be given a list of reactions and you have to order then from what you would most likely do to what you would least likely do.

After this stage is completed, the next stage in an online interview. Here you're asked to explain certain situations where you have demonstrated various desired qualities, best to used the STAR approach here. One thing that tripped me up here was time, questions I had prepared for 2 minutes each I was given 1 minute for both.

Interview Questions

• During the video interview, you will be given some numerical data you need to read and evaluate which is the best option, you then have to write a brief report as to why and present this to a board of people.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Diageo (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers with a capacity-based interview. All questions based around the core values of Diageo, asking for specific examples based on past experience. Friendly interview process with conversational tone. Remain comfortable and prepare examples for a variety of situations, giving yourself various avenues to take. Examples can be professional or personal, just build a good story and come across as a genuine person with leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked towards a goal. Detail the steps you took.   Answer Question

Graduate - Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

After completing the psychometric evaluation testing online, i received an invitation to complete a digital interview. The interview consisted of 8 questions of mixed format that required both verbal and written responses. They were fairly standard questions based around your past experience and how suitable you were to that particular role.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you overcame a particular problem or issue when working in a group?   Answer Question