DialAmerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Interview

After keeping me waiting for an hour I walked out. You only get one chance to make a good first impression. They blew it. Very rude and unprofessional. No one offered a glass or water, soda, coffee, nothing. If that's what they treat like now, just imagine once you're hired. I don't work for people like you.

SiriusXM Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple, but not as flexible hours as they stated on their web site. If you want to get hired, go with the hours they have listed on their website that they need you to work.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (North Charleston, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview a day later. I was scheduled to come in for an interview the following Tuesday. At the interview we discussed my resume and I had to do a mock call center trial. After I was escorted around the building by a manager. After I was told to call back i I felt that the job would be a good fit. Well I called back 3 times and still no answer. This place is very unprofessional and should not go the extra measure to make you feel as though you got the job if you did not.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DialAmerica.

Interview

I did an application online , got an email saying to call to talk about the position. I got a call 2 days later did a phone interview. She asked 3 questions then I was told they have to review other applications and she will call back. So I have a feeling I didnt get it because I have no customers job history.

Interview Questions

• We have shifts from 8am to 11pm what is best time for you to come in   1 Answer

Licensed Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Human resources for this company is completely out of touch with reality. Did online application went through all their personality profile came in did their little thing on the computer and talked with the hiring manager, everything went very well. I already had an insurance license several years in customer service it all lined up fine. It all came down to the background check . The ONLY THING in my past is a misdemeanor DUI from 28 years ago. Absolutely nothing else. I have passed several other DOT background checks in my past because I used to be a professional driver ,this has never been an issue. But apparently with this human resources department this job that is barely minimum wage and has nothing to do with driving in any way shape or form this misdemeanor from 28 years ago prevents me from being a good worker for this company. Not a felony not an act of violence a misdemeanor from 28 years ago. Absolutely nothing else on my background check. I write this only to inform other people interested in this company the kind of mentality they would be dealing with.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Westlake, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a series of tasks on computer, such as writing down caller's info, looking up and copying magazine codes, simple vocab and math problems, etc. Was asked about my experience and a few other questions. Had to read part of the script for selling magazines. Overall the interview was not that professional; the manager was rather rude to her employees and I had to wait a long time while she completed other tasks. However the interview was not that difficult, I was just nervous and didn't do as well as I could have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was being abrasive or rude to you?   1 Answer
    • How would you improve at your job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Omaha, NE).

Interview

They ask you the hours you ae available, the programs your interested in. Ask you how long you plan on workin there and how much money you wanna make. Basically if you have a heartbeat and can talk you get a job.

Customer Service Representative-Pittsburgh, PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First of all, they were late in getting me into my interview. If any candidate were late, you know that would not be tolerated. Secondly, the woman who interviewed me had to make a call to see if she was doing the interview or if someone else was. There was a gentleman there waiting to bring donuts into her that seemed miffed he had to wait for her to do an interview. I had to do a "screening test" before I even went into the interview (even though they supposedly offer two weeks training). I have over 15 years of administrative assistance and was told (there is NO indication of this in the ad) that the pay rate is $8.00/hour!! To work as a customer service representative, I believe, requires a lot of skill. That pay rate is BARELY above minimum. That is absolutely horrendous. I should've just walked out. There are .25 cent incremental "raises" but really to make any money you need to purchase (surprise, surprise) a $100 training manual to get your insurance license. First of all, working as an administrative assistant, I can tell you, their organization is awful. Admin 101: You need to know who is coming in for an interview, at what time, and who is conducting the interview. Then, I just received a call today from someone else saying they "received my application." Apparently, no one knows what is going on there and they have no organization. I will say that at least the front desk receptionist was friendly and seemed efficient. And at least was welcoming upon my arrival. The gentleman with the donuts never even said, "hello."

Interview Questions

• Again, the most unexpected was the deplorable salary. I can understand they don't want to offer $15/hour to someone who may or may not stay with the company, but $8.00 is shameful. If they are going to offer that low of a salary, that needs to be evident in their ad. It was a waste of my time to even come to an interview. I could probably make more than that working in food service.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

I got called a day after submitting my application. The interview was quick and simple I did like a preview of how things would go on the floor on a computer. I went in to talk to one of the hiring managers and she said she would call me. I'm not really sure if I got the job or not yet..

Interview Questions

• She just ask did I have any experience and we talked about my last job ii had.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Mahwah, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Upon arriving for the interview, I was asked to take a computer test to assess listing, comprehension, and math skills. The test lasted approx. 20 minutes and consisted of reading or listening to customers and entering in requested info, word comprehension, and math problems like multiplication, division, and percentages. After that was asked to complete 3 forms then interviewer came back to ask typical questions. Pleasant interviewer and environment and pre-interview instructions were clear and concise!

Interview Questions

• "How do you measure success in goals set for yourself" and "How would you handle an irate customer"   Answer Question