DialAmerica Telemarketer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DialAmerica Telemarketer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then brought in for formal sit down interview. During sit-down interview they had me do a computer simulation test then while interviewing with Hr a sample script reading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Applied online for the Westlake, OH location. Application was very simple and straight-forward. A recruiter contacted me within 2 hours of me completing the application. The bad vibes started then. The whole conversation over the phone was very scripted on their side. Scheduled an interview for the next day. Despite reading terrible reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor, I went anyway, figuring that few extra, easy bucks in my pocket couldn't hurt.

I hate telemarketers but appreciate anyone who has an honest job and the balls to cold call people. While I was put off by the job itself, I was willing to do if because it would be a short-term, cash in my pocket type of job for me.

The kicker came when the interviewer told me that they call people on the Do Not Call list as "charities, nonprofits, and government are exempt from abiding by the Do Not Call list." So gross.

Job pays 8/hr, a whole 5 cents above minimum wage. Despite my prodding, the interviewer couldn't or wouldn't how the "incentive" system works. If I'm be considering for a job that pays commission, it's common sense for me to ask how that commission scale works, right?

A very easy and short interview. No tough questions. Ends with you having to read a script.

Oh. I forgot. Before your interview you have to take a test on the computer. Put on nasty headphones, listen to an example of a customer giving you their info, and typing it into the appropriate box. Very easy. Took about 10 minutes to get through all the tests.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Describe a challenge, blah blah blah. They asked me to go through my resume point by point, which took of most of the interview.   Answer Question

Sketchy job, shady practices in calling people on the Do Not Call list, interviewer couldn't/wouldn't explain the commission scale, bad vibes.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Williamsville, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

got a call for an interview pretty fast. you have to take a small test of basic knowledge, use of a calculator, customer service, and easy answers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there are 2 shifts to choose from9-2 or 5-10. must work 5 days

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

1. I submitted my application
    2. I received a phone call and answered a couple of questions
    3. I was scheduled for an interview
    4. I arrived for my interview
    5. I took a job preview that basically asked me if I knew how to count or recall information
    6. I went in for my interview and the recruiter asked me the same questions I was asked over the phone
    7. I was asked to read a script
    8. She told me I would receive a phone call by Friday to let everyone know if they were selected.
    9. I received my call by Friday confirming my spot in the training class
    10. I started Monday evening

Interview Questions

• What schedule works best for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Akron, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

As to be expected. They act formal but they will hire anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions

• The most laughable one is do you look at this as a long term job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay everyone the same crappy pay as a starting agent regardless of experience.

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Mahwah, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

It ws done in their cafeteria. I entered the building, for the ONLY time I did so in this fashion, via the actual frobt entrance. It was "supposedly their "job fair." Woman actually played me from her laptop a little film by the company head, Art Conway, about how wonderful his privately-owned company is. Eventually, they asked me to take a test on a computer. But they could't get it set up (as per those software issues I mentioned in my actual review). I sat there for litreraally almost an hour in a tiny windowless room while two of them made mysterious comings and goings but rarely spoke to me. Finally, without any attempt at apology, they asked me to fo take the test that night from my own computer. Which I did. Net day, they called me back, I went up there and they offered me a job in their next training class.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

If you REALLY want this job, and I would caution you against it, then be patient following your online application. Each location has 1 HR rep and as many as 30 applications come through each day. If they want you, they'll call you. Showing up at the office or making follow-up phone calls will not help. What does help is getting an employee reference, so do some networking and find someone that wouldn't mind getting an extra $150 on their next pay check after you're hired.

The interview itself was brief and pretty concise - a product of the menial job requirements. Basic interview "get to know you" questions that are just foreplay for the crux: a recitation of one of the on-phone scripts the agents use. As long as you have decent elocution and diction, its an easy pass. I embellished a bit with my "radio" voice and landed the job. Oh, and there's some weird computer assessment, too. It basically just checks whether you know how to use a mouse and keyboard.

Interview Questions

• Reading the script aloud to the interviewer caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation? Nope. "Here's your $0.25 over minimum wage. You might make more, you might not."

It's not sales... its coercion.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DialAmerica (Orlando, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Be able to listen, speak, and convincingly read a sales script. If you have half a brain, you have a job. Just drink a lot of coffee and yammer jabber and carry on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your hobbies, past jobs likes and dislikes   1 Answer

Telemarketer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DialAmerica in November 2011.

Interview

They were nice niough, but vague and unprepared. Kept me waiting for over an hour there because they couldn't get their own testing computer tp work. Finally, they asked me to take the test at home.

Interview Questions

• have you done this sort of thing before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negoitation. T'was take-i-or-leave-it.

Telemarketer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DialAmerica in July 2009.

Interview

Fill out application; in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.