Dialog Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dialog Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

Onsite interview is very organized. There are around 8 people from 9:30am to 7:00pm. They ask very basic questions about RC filter and let me explain the project in my resume. I think they don't care much about the exact answer but how you think of it. As long as you can explain the things from your understanding, they will be very happy.

Interview Questions

• 1. explain how does transformer works
      2. RC filter
      3. DC modeling of buck converter   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was kind of friendly, asked me questions about my resume, asked some basic questions in circuit theory,i.e. inductors and capacitors. Then he moved on to control theory and small signal model. The position requires a lot of power electronics background since it's to design an LED driver.

ASIC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had applied on the email address mentioned on their website. After a month or so, received an email from a Digital Designer inviting for a telephonic interview. He was very friendly and the interview went well. If I could not answer any question or answered it partially, he made a point to clear my doubts and tell me the answers for it. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Question on projects and the challenges faced while working on them.   Answer Question
    • Questions on synthesis, physical design flow, verilog   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Campbell, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is not quite fair. Some interviewers asked very specific questions about a circuit. Some were much nicer. I was unlucky, because I was interviewed by the toughest manager in this group.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer did not care about what I did before at all. He only judged me on his own working experiences.   1 Answer

Systems Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not standard. For intern positions, some candidates got offer just after two phone interviews. But, some, including me and my friend, went through two phone interview and a 5-hour onsite interview with very challenging questions. At that time, I was a PhD student. The stupidest question was that the manager asked me to use a multi-meter to test voltages. It was obvious that they looked down on me.

Interview Questions

• Analyze DC-DC circuit.
      Derive detailed equation on white board.
      Ask HOW TO USE A MULTI-METER   1 Answer

Interview

1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face,1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face,1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Good friendly people. Helped in interview to arrive at solutions. But did not provide correct job details called in terms of design and verification weightage of overall work. They stayed focused on actual requirements.

Interview Questions

• Basics of analog.But did not provide correct job details called in terms of design and verification weightage of overall work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

Submitted an application, Had a telephone interview which was mainly simple questions on motivation and experiences including technical knowledge (mainly in Analogue Electronics and Verilog HDL). The final stage was a final face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions. Basic technical questions on MOSFETs (including I-V characteristics), Op-Amps, simple analogue (RC filter) and digital (counter and flip-flops) circuits.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

Interview involves three steps, HR and technical interviews by phone, the third one face to face. HR call is to get a basic sense of who you are, what you do, technical interview is where you get detailed examination, face to face interview is at the offices.

Interview Questions

• describe your PhD work for us, what was the most challenging part   Answer Question

Principal Analog Designer Interview

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by face to face. Face to face was very hectic and tiring process, all day interview.