Dialog Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.1

Systems Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not standard. For intern positions, some candidates got offer just after two phone interviews. But, some, including me and my friend, went through two phone interview and a 5-hour onsite interview with very challenging questions. At that time, I was a PhD student. The stupidest question was that the manager asked me to use a multi-meter to test voltages. It was obvious that they looked down on me.

Interview Questions

• Analyze DC-DC circuit.
      Derive detailed equation on white board.
      Ask HOW TO USE A MULTI-METER   1 Answer

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

At the assesment event they introduced their Company, role of the position. 3 people in a group, 1 Engineering Manager, 2 Chief Engineer. They asked questions in a turn. They asked also technical (1 to 1) and behavior (2 interviewers) questions. Concentrated on what you have done in the past, your ability, your skills, inovation, team work (very important). Team work with other 3 candidates to check our team work skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe and construct a counter that counts (decimal):
      0, 8, 12, 14, 15, 11, 3, 1, 0   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

They introduced their Company, role of the position. 3 people in a group, 1 Engineering Manager, 2 Chief Engineer. They asked questions in a turn. They asked also technical and behavior questions. Concentrated on what you have done in the past, your ability, your skills, etc.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Campbell, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview is not quite fair. Some interviewers asked very specific questions about a circuit. Some were much nicer. I was unlucky, because I was interviewed by the toughest manager in this group.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer did not care about what I did before at all. He only judged me on his own working experiences.   1 Answer

Interview

1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face,1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face,1 round of HR 2 rounds techical one telephonic and one face to face

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Istanbul (Turkey)) in July 2014.

Interview

I have directly sent my CV to Analog Team Lead at the time which I have formerly known in my previous company. It took some time for the recruiter of the company to call me back for an interview.

At the beginning of the interview, the interviewers - the team lead and the most experienced layout engineer - asked me to answer their questions on board but I preferred to use paper and pen on the table. I answered all their questions. At the end of the interview, the team lead told me that he was positive about me but was concerned if I would be interested in the salary or not. Later the design center manager entered into the room and informed me about the salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• What layout work I have done in my last job. General concepts of analog layout such as latch-up, well proximity, matching, coupling etc.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was kind of friendly, asked me questions about my resume, asked some basic questions in circuit theory,i.e. inductors and capacitors. Then he moved on to control theory and small signal model. The position requires a lot of power electronics background since it's to design an LED driver.

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Good friendly people. Helped in interview to arrive at solutions. But did not provide correct job details called in terms of design and verification weightage of overall work. They stayed focused on actual requirements.

Interview Questions

• Basics of analog.But did not provide correct job details called in terms of design and verification weightage of overall work   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

Interview involves three steps, HR and technical interviews by phone, the third one face to face. HR call is to get a basic sense of who you are, what you do, technical interview is where you get detailed examination, face to face interview is at the offices.

Interview Questions

• describe your PhD work for us, what was the most challenging part   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dialog Semiconductor.

Interview

Onsite interview is very organized. There are around 8 people from 9:30am to 7:00pm. They ask very basic questions about RC filter and let me explain the project in my resume. I think they don't care much about the exact answer but how you think of it. As long as you can explain the things from your understanding, they will be very happy.

Interview Questions

• 1. explain how does transformer works
      2. RC filter