Dick Blick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dick Blick Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview

Short, impersonal and kind of judgy. I heard from a friend that worked there that the hiring manager only wanted to hire people he knew rather than other applicants (at the time I had applied).

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dick Blick (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Most comfortable yet detailed interview I have ever had. Great people. Great company. They are looking for people that want to make a difference in the company and in your community.

Interview Questions

• How have you impacted sales in your previous positions?   Answer Question

Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dick Blick (Highland Park, IL).

Interview

Starts with a phone interview. Short and to the point. It's the basic first impression. Then if they like you, you go to round two. An older gentleman, acting as a hurting manager, will talk for a long time then get to a few questions. If you meet with people in the department you're applying for that's a good sign. They'll ask you valid questions about your work experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dick Blick (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

i applied online and got a call the next day to set up the interview. i went for the interview the next day and then for a second interview the week after.

Interview Questions

• which are your strongest and weakest mediums in art?   1 Answer
    • If a customer looks suspicious what do you do?   1 Answer
    • If the cash register has extra cash and the manager tells you to keep it what do you do?   1 Answer
    • if you didn't feel you were being paid enough what would you do about it?   1 Answer
    • what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick Blick (Evansville, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview went well and the manager said she would call me right back and I did not hear back at all. Tried to call back the next day and was told she was unavailable. Tried to call again and the manager was not in again. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions about my knowledge in customer service and product knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dick Blick (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Tamara, the General Manager interviewed me 1st. A pleasant, caring professional who is direct and understanding. Common practice questions included, 'why did you choose Blick's?', 'tell me about your prior jobs', 'share with me both a positive and negative experience in a past job'. Very thorough and fair. The process was clear from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• "Describe to me a scenario where you left a positive impression from a negative situation at a prior job" (I'm paraphrasing, so this may not be the exact wording, but the context is there.)   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview

Was called by the hiring manager and she said everything looked good, and that I can come in for an interview. I was told to expect a call again for a more accurate interview time. Weeks passed and didn't hear anything. Called back to follow up, and although she was in store, the cashier was told to tell me she'd call back. Mostly it was just unprofessional and annoying. I heard from current employees that the new store manager sucks anyways. No thanks, lol.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring. Took home my application and filled it out and returned it that day. Set up interview for the following day. Met with manager in the back office and went over application. Asked about work experience, education, and art background. Asked about what hours I was available to work. Was told about pay and schedule and duties. Was told that I would here back by the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Blick?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick Blick (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Walked into the store looking for a job and asked for a Manager. I was fortunate to run into the General Manager that day and was interviewed on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What products would you sell a customer who is interested in learning how to paint with oils/acrylics for the first time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick Blick.

Interview

asked hypothetical question, wanted to know your experience with different mediums. I had to explain to him what kinds of projects i do myself. and explained to him my deep knowledge of good customer service as well as knowing my supplies which would help each customer. knowing what they will need before starting would be a big help

Interview Questions

• if someone came to buy a canvas what else or would you even offer them?   1 Answer