Diesel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Diesel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Diesel.

Interview

Previous manager took me into back office, told me i was hired before even asking any questions. The office was messy and ill kept, this should have told me about the management before hand. If you see red flags like this DO NOT IGNORE THEM!

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was looking for a supervisor position.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diesel (Livermore, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position with outlet store near me, the process was pretty simple I applied online and came in to meet and fill out in store application. Following week I interviewed with the assistant store manager and had conference call interview with the regional visual manager

Interview Questions

• Why is the Visual Merchandiser role important for the stroe?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Diesel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The lady really made the interview at her office seen like she's at home. She had her legs up in her chair and she picked up a call from her mom. At that time, I was working in a handbag store that's about 10 times bigger than her store and has 10 times more people. The selling atmosphere was very different and very hard if you are not aggressive enough and are very considerate. She told my friend (her employee) that I don't like selling even though I already explained the different atmosphere. Needless to say her tiny store would be super easy for me.

Stock Supervisor Interview

Application

Interview

Laid back interviewer. simple questions about the stock process and I was asked how I would change the current systems in place to provide better stock flow from stock room to sales floor.

Questions about previous employers and what I did there what were my challenges and how i overcame them.

I was explained how the stock system works for the company and what I would need to do daily and all else that was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• How I could make the flow of stock from stockroom to sales floor better   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diesel (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was greeted by a Sales Representative. He called down to the manager to let him know I had arrived. The Manager told him to have me fill out an application. I filled it out and the manager met with me and walked with me to a private room. We sat and first talked about my personal life and history. Then we talked about my history in the retail industry. We also talked about why I wanted to work for the company. When completed he walked me out and told me that he had to interview other applicants and that I would hear from him within two weeks with an answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Selling Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diesel (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was short, to the point and very lucrative. Make sure you dress stylish. Be interested in the culture and understand that you are getting paid commission on top of the hourly rate which might seem small. Commission can play an important role if you are an effective seller.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Diesel?   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Diesel (Central Valley, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through a job board and was called in for an interview. Interview with the store manager and received an offer over the phone three days later. The store manager wasn't really on par with Diesel brand culture seeing as she wasn't really edgy nor had a great sense of individualism which are all things that come to mind when thinking Diesel brand culture. The outlet store was looking for people with experience but only offered hourly pay and the possibility of commission if you met monthly sales goals.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Diesel.

Interview

Friendly and informal, talked as if it were a conversation and not an interview. Go knowing about the company and what the brand stands for. If applying for a management position, must have 2 years experience of luxury. Dress like the brand, not in a suit or business attire.

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Three rounds in person. Not a very challenging interview. The three people I met were nice. Offer process was a negative experience -- not open at all to negotiate. Only given 24 hours to accept or decline offer.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diesel (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was quick, easy and fun. Very honest about expectations and pay. Also talked about history of the company and my personal style and how well I would within my coworkers.

Interview Questions

• How will you make an impact?   1 Answer