Digi-Key Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Duluth, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a phone based interview. The people I interviewed with were very amiable and nice to speak with. I felt that all of the questions were very fair and pertained to the job description.

EDI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was telephonic, no technical questions asked. The interviewers were very nice and rather calm. Explained about what they do and what they were looking for, for this position. I thought I was a good fit but apparently they didnt feel the same way. From what they explained about the work looked like there is a great potential to learn in terms of EDI set up.

Interview Questions

• Sadly, no technical questions asked. Just asked about what I have done in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digi-Key in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed great and seemed to go well. However, afterwards I found out that they had talked negatively about me to another interviewee and fellow student. This really angered me and I found it extremely unprofessional.

I was super excited about the interview the night before and didn't sleep until after 7am. My interview was at 9am, so I emailed them that morning asking if we would be able to reschedule for 1pm. They said that would be fine and I got a few hours of sleep and showed up to the interview early. They were a little bit late but this didn't bother me (especially because they were understanding about my need to reschedule). The interview went very well.

Afterwards, I was in class and talking to another student who also interviewed. Turns out, the other student was told about how I rescheduled and how the Digi-Key reps found it weird. They didn't name names but it was descriptive enough that the student knew who it was (we're a fairly small major at my school).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digi-Key.

Interview

The interview lasted a full day; I met with people from various teams. Everyone was very professional and accommodating. I had to take a Wonderlic test; this is required for all positions. The interview concluded with a tour of the facility. Overall I felt that a considerable amount of effort was put into preparing my interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard behavioral questions and questions about experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thief River Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Thief River Falls, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three people interviewing me who were very pleasant and professional. They asked me about my previous work experience and the skills I acquired there and how they would pertain to the position for which I was applying. Afterwards, I completed a pre-employment test where I needed to differentiate between different number and letter sequences.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Thief River Falls, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

took some tests, had an electronics hands-on test, talked with a group of employers, sat with an employee in position for a bit, took me out to lunch, came back for a tour...about 3-4 hours long.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted the position, why I am a good candidate, what my instructors would say about me, past employers,   1 Answer

Production Business Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Thief River Falls, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

There is an initial paper application, followed by testing, and an interview. The testing itself required you to use many areas of thinking, and the panel interview was fairly easy to complete.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Fargo, ND) in February 2014.

Interview

job fair

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Thief River Falls, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application (very basic application. No short answer wuestions), phone call, in person interview with 2-4 managers or directors, pre employment testing, phone call for acceptance. Very typical interview process. Quick hiring process.

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thief River Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digi-Key (Thief River Falls, MN).

Interview

Initial communication via employment web page. Submitted web based form with information, resume, etc. Hiring manager vetts your resume. Follow up call by HR asking for interview. Come into interview rooms and sit with hiring manager and HR representative.
    Discuss your skills, abilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were specific to the job, not able to divulge. Expect questions to relate to the job you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR staffing sends out a letter detailing your offer. Whether they are providing moving assistance, salary, or hourly.