Digital First Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter and then an onsite with the recruiter and two HR Partners and finally a phone interview with the SVP of HR. All happened very quickly and close together which makes the experience a positive one.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my recruiting style was.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

Interview

First I had a photo interview with the recruiter. Next was an on-site interview with the recruiter as well as two additional HR professionals. Lastly there is a phone interview with the VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company and the position?   Answer Question

Multimedia Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was easy. I went in and simply answered some questions. I was offered the job right away. I felt very at ease. No tests. No certification or degrees needed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you tried very hard yet still failed.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Denver, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

I was pulled in by a recruiter and put through a rigorous examination. Both interview questions and sample code was required. I was also given a coding problem to solve (on my own time). All in all, an effective process that allowed me to show my strengths without the usual junk questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem. I had to build a tool to ingest a feed from Flickr in only 25 lines of code or less. Usually I get standard coding vocabulary questions (that anyone could answer) not a real-world problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Longer vacation. Pay was locked (but what I wanted)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Short, simple interview with two levels of management. Separate interviews in two different locations one day apart. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. Questions centered around personality traits as opposed to specific questions regarding skills, experience, etc.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digital First Media.

Interview

The interview process was simple and not complicated at all. It was just a conversation with management. It was extremely informal process. I dont't have anything more to contribute to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned before, there were no difficult questions, and it was just inforaml questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotion phase was simple and easy, I asked for more and I got it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 different interviews with different teams. The second one was with team members I would be interacting with directly. What was outlined was not what I ended up doing and I made lemonade out of lemons.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous sales experience and what I would expect in my next role.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Southgate, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I was given a fairly typical in-person interview. Average questions about the community I was expected to cover, where I see myself in 5 years. Three weeks later I was offered a job, which I accepted. After about a week and a half, and after I'd resigned at my then-current job, I was called to say the job was "frozen" by corporate and I was out of luck and a job.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest issue you expect to cover in the city you'd be covering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate two dollars per hour higher than the original offer.

Ad Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Digital First Media.

Interview

I had two interviews, with direct hire, and then the boss's boss. It was a laid back discussion about methodology rather than all "numbers". Good questions and pleasant meetings.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Digital Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrington, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Torrington, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke to advertising director and digital manager at the territory office. Interview was very straightforward, they asked about my history with digital marketing, sales, and sales management. They gave me a little information about the culture of the office and what the employees were like. They also told me what the sales goals had been like in the past, and what they were forecasting for the remainder of the fiscal year.

Interview Questions

• What types of digital programs have you worked with in the past?   1 Answer