Digital Map Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.8

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone and was more of an introduction that was quite pleasant. When most first initial phone interviews are done they are very direct and to the point. Annie made me feel relaxed and comfortable, which was refreshing and made me feel like I really want to work for their company and her. Then my second interview was done face to face with multiple team members which I always enjoy as you can each of them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• How is your background going to be beneficial to both of us?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I found the team at Digital Map Products to be very friendly and very selective about who they ask to join their team. I was contacted by the Director of Human Resources & Talent Acquisition, and later interviewed with the VP of Marketing & Customer Success, as well as various members of the Customer Success team. There were a mixture of both phone interviews and in-person interviews. The entire process took about 3 1/2 weeks (from first interview to offer). Overall, the process was very pleasant and during each interaction I could really sense a true passion for the customers they serve.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific time that you had a difficult situation with a customer and explain how you resolved the issue(s).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university portal and got in touch with a Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Diane Rettew a day after. By the way, she was great and kept me posted in the process. There are 3 rounds including one phone interview with Diane, then an on-site general test and talk with one of lead engineers at the company, then final rounds with 4 lead engineers. Each will give a problem to solve on a whiteboard. The problem's difficulty is from easy but not trivial to medium-hard, and you have as many time that you can talk and ask questions with them to find the solution and optimize your solution. They are very friendly and helpful in giving you hints for solving the problems so take advantage to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Array-type question involved in math, data structure, greedy and dynamic programming. Provide runtime and space complexity for each your solutions.   Answer Question

Digital Map Products Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thrilled to learn of your positive experience while interviewing with us here at DMP! We pride ourselves on being helpful and friendly as well as interactive during the entire interview process ... More

Director of Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took a while, approx 5-6 weeks from first interview to offer. Digital Map Products did a very thorough job determining if I would fit in the role and in the culture of the company. I was provided good cross-functional exposure to peers in the same department, peers in other departments as well as C-level management.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style and experience.   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you'd be a good fit at Digital Map Products?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your direct reports to achieve their best?   Answer Question

Level II and QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Digital Maps was great.
    First was phone interview with Diane Rettew, Talent Acquisition Recruiter was great!
    Second interview was meeting Diane Rettew and Steve Stautzenbach. Great people!
    Third Interview was meeting with Product Manger, Development Director and QA Manger.
    The interview process was extremely professional and great!

Interview Questions

Digital Map Products Response

Feb 21, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the welcomed feedback. We always enjoy the opportunity to meet professionals like yourself with solid technical backgrounds... And I'm particularly glad to hear you had such a ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After emailing my resume and cover letter to the director of talent acquisition, I received a call 2 days later.

The phone interview consisted of 1 or 2 technical questions and some questions regarding my familiarity with certain technologies. Then I was sent an email test with 2 questions that I needed to send back in 20 minutes. There was 1 programming question and 1 logic question. Overall, it was a very pleasant phone interview.

A few days later I was called and asked to do an onsite interview at their office in Irvine. From what I saw, the office was nice. It seemed like everyone was fairly open with one another and it created a very welcoming atmosphere.

I was greeted by the head engineer of one of their software teams and was given an 8 question written test that consisted of various programming problems and technical questions, and I was given 1 hour to complete it. The questions were fairly basic, but not trivial. The coding examples are written in Java, but you can use whatever language you feel comfortable with. He offered more time if it was necessary, which was very nice.

After the test we sat down and talked a little more about my background and skills regarding the position. He told me more about the company and what kind of products they actually develop and the technologies used to develop them. He seemed like a great guy and was very easy to talk to, and definitely knew his stuff.

Overall, for my first interview experience it was great. Seemed like a great environment with great people over at Digital Map Products.

Interview Questions

• "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”."   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digital Map Products.

Interview

I saw the hiring information on school job board. About one or two weeks after I applied by email, a lady contacted me. She is friendly and polite. The first round phone interview was about 20-30 minutes(about 4 technical questions) . About two weeks later, I went to on-site interview. The Engineering manager is very friendly as well. He gave me a paper test to do. There are 8 questions and need to be done in one hour. He is nice to allow me some extra time. After the test, he asked about my resume and introduced me about their team. Finally, the lady also talked to me and gave me more information. The atmosphere is friendly in the overall 2 hours interviews.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Map Products.

Interview

One lie after another unbeknownst to me at the time.

Negotiation

no negotiation I took salary they offered

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

- contacted by a recruiter via email.
    - received a phone call from the recruiter to discuss work experience and to schedule a phone screen.
    - phone screen (about 20 mins Q&A about algo, data struct and OOP, another 10 mins for coding test)
    ... just had the interview yesterday. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• Algo questions. (I've forgotten most of it from college)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digital Map Products (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First, a phone interview about some basic algorithm questions. Then a coding test. The coding test is in Java and it has seven questions.