Digital Media Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digital Media Academy Interview Questions

Interviews at Digital Media Academy

2.3

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application. The application contained questions to see how the prospective employee would be a good fit. This included certain situations that could arise at camp. An email was sent a couple of days after the application to schedule a skype interview. After the skype interview, if you are offered a position, a contract could be sent in the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe (programming terminology) to a student at digital media academy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

There were numerous questions in the written application, and they asked me questions based off my past experiences. Our interview took place over Skype, and they were mostly interested in my past experiences working with children. Very friendly interviewer, and I was surprised to have been offered a position during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Teaching Assistant for a class, and the teacher had to unexpectedly leave for a while, what would you do to fill in that time?   1 Answer

Youth Overnight Activities Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was referred to DMA through a friend. I sent my resume in. I was given two Skype interviews asking about my prior experiences working with children. They also asked me to submit to a background check and obtain First-Aid and CPR Certification.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about any past summer camp experiences you've had? Either working at or attending.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Campbell, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the director of curriculum and instruction over Google Hangout, and he was super friendly. I think now, other assistant directors interview. I was asked questions about my experience listed on my application, in addition to instances of children's behavior I've encountered while teaching. I wasn't asked too many technical questions--I think they trusted that I had sufficient background in what I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of teaching to different students' abilities?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy.

Interview

It was around half an hour and the interviewer was nice and didnt ask super technical questions. The interviewer tried to get to know me as a person and was really nice and understanding if I didnt understand a question asked.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about knowledge in IT and if I have worked with children.   Answer Question

Summer Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Webinar. Easy questions, mostly about describing some challenges you have encountered, what would you do when a student do this or do that. I would say that at least my interviewer did not ask me any technical questions(programming or Arduino related)... umm still waiting for a contract because I have been waiting for 3 days....not sure if I 100% get this job but...hey, this is probably one of the best jobs a first year student can get

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student's parents send him to this camp but the student does not enjoy staying?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, few days later I got an email asking me when I wanted an interview. The interview itself was informal. It was done through skype. I dressed up and all and then we didn't even use the video component of skype we only talked. The interview was generally easy, there were a lot of questions about teaching, kids so behavioural questions. The interview was only half an hour and I was left with good feeling.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are important qualities of a good teacher   Answer Question

See What Digital Media Academy Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “The hiring team takes on some of the best people. Each year people come back (there's a high retention rate on employees) for the same environment and the same kind of relaxed/high...”“The hiring team takes on some of the best people. Each year people come back (there's a high retention rate on employees) for the same environment and the same kind of relaxed/high functioning coworkers that make the work enjoyable. Added plus is the attention given to staff appreciation (you can get free meals/snacks), even though most are temporary staff.” – Full Review