Digital Media Academy Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digital Media Academy Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Digital Media Academy

2.4

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy.

Interview

It was online over Google Hangouts. The interviewer was really nice, but it was definitely an interview and not a conversation. They didn't ask any questions based off of my answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a bullying situation in the classroom? (not only physical bullying, but verbal as well)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Digital Media Academy

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy.

Interview

Speedy Application and Interview Process: Apply via Company Website, Complete Online Interview (nothing too strenuous, simply to get to know you and your qualifications, Receive Email Offer from Hiring Manager

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Stanford, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Asked some questions on my experience, but was mainly tailored towards behavioral questions and situational things that you may run into. Pretty straight forward, just be prepared to put yourself in the shoes of someone working with children at a summer camp.

Interview Questions

• How would you engage a kid who feels a bit left out in the coursework and with the other kids?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and shortly heard back to set up a google hangout interview. Mostly behavior questions. They asked very little about previous work experience or qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a chaotic classroom situation?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain a technical subject to a small child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Webinar

The interview was informal, and the questions came quickly. They were all behavioral, and mainly to do with interacting with children. I made sure to have a good elevator speech, since the the first question they ask is "tell me about yourself".

Interview Questions

• Sing me a song; Have you ever babysit in your life; How would you explain this concept?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation of pay, it is determined by HR.

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (San Carlos, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Nice, casual Skype interview. It took them a REALLY long time to get back to me. Nice interviewer. Brief interview. He just asked me how I knew what the job required of me and if I had teaching experience. I exaggerated my experience with children, but was fine on the real job. Technical skills and experience with children seem to be important for this job, but aren't really that important.

Interview Questions

• What have you created with the technical knowledge we need?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application. The application contained questions to see how the prospective employee would be a good fit. This included certain situations that could arise at camp. An email was sent a couple of days after the application to schedule a skype interview. After the skype interview, if you are offered a position, a contract could be sent in the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe (programming terminology) to a student at digital media academy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

There were numerous questions in the written application, and they asked me questions based off my past experiences. Our interview took place over Skype, and they were mostly interested in my past experiences working with children. Very friendly interviewer, and I was surprised to have been offered a position during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Teaching Assistant for a class, and the teacher had to unexpectedly leave for a while, what would you do to fill in that time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy (Campbell, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the director of curriculum and instruction over Google Hangout, and he was super friendly. I think now, other assistant directors interview. I was asked questions about my experience listed on my application, in addition to instances of children's behavior I've encountered while teaching. I wasn't asked too many technical questions--I think they trusted that I had sufficient background in what I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of teaching to different students' abilities?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital Media Academy.

Interview

It was around half an hour and the interviewer was nice and didnt ask super technical questions. The interviewer tried to get to know me as a person and was really nice and understanding if I didnt understand a question asked.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about knowledge in IT and if I have worked with children.   Answer Question