DigitalGlobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.9

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview. Basic interview process but there were many candidates. Interview took hour an hour for each round. The team was friendly and asked usual interview questions. Although preparation is required. The panel was interested in knowing how genuine, spontaneous and good communicator you are. As this was a marketing intern position, they wanted to know your interest towards marketing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
      2. Why Digital Globe.
      3. What kind of working environment do you prefer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

5 people in a room. Gave insights into my experience including my Master's thesis. They asked questions. Fairly positive experience. No white boarding (water boarding:) Fairly positive feedback at the interview.

Interview Questions

• My master's thesis.   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

Hired as a contract to hire. Interview was short as I knew someone in the company. But once I was a contractor and tired to come on full time permanent, that is where I was told my position was never slated to be permanent. Luckily they did some shuffling around to make space for me, but I came on with lower pay than anticipated and there wasn't much of a negotiation. I made more money at my last job, but because there is matching 4% 401K I let it go.

Negotiation

there wasn't much of a negotiation when you get hired full time permanent.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

In-person interview, interviewed individually by three different team members, got an offer later thar day. Questions mostly centered on my past projects and asking how how would rate my fluency in various skills on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?   Answer Question
    • Very few technical questions, mostly questions about past projects and experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers over the phone where they alternated asking questions. The primary interviewer was personable and warm with a focus on ascertaining a feel for my personality and office workplace experiences. Specific questions were focused on my GIS experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell them about a specific project I had worked on using ArcGIS and how I had used the geospatial tools at my disposal.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO).

Interview

Very friendly recruiting process and very professional. My references even complimented on the professionalism of the recruiter's questions. Interviewed with my future supervisor, department head and a former department employee. Because of the nature of the business the interview felt very stuffy and that everything wasn't being disclosed about the position. In hindsight there were a lot of red flags about the position that were mentioned in the interview that I ignored.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on my past experience and working with others. A lot of focus was put on working with difficult people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation - took a pay cut When I accepted the offer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Boulder, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Very detailed and involved. Interviewed over the course of 2 years with over a dozen people. Always good conversations, but the job requirements and opening kept changing.

Interview Questions

• What marketing experience to you bring that can help us evolve into an industry leader.   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe in December 2016.

Interview

1 hour phone interview with technical and teamwork related questions. it was a typical interview process without face to face sit down. be prepared for panel type interview rather than 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• to describe a difficult time i had with a coworker outside of the work environment   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO).

Interview

Takes a very long time to get processed and hired for full time position. Contractors are very different and seem to get treated better in the process.

Interview Questions

• This is always based on your resume. Just know your resume and anything from there is fair game. Don't think the interviewer knows the answer. I have the feeling they often don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bonus was a verbal commitment and nothing close to actual amount I ever received.

Ground Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Someone in the company gave my resume to HR. I got a phone call the next day to set up a phone interview with HR. That interview went very well, and I was invited onsite. I had 30 minutes with 1-2 people at a time for 2 1/2 hours. 30 minutes goes by too fast, so just be ready. Then I was taken to lunch a week later with members of the team and the hiring manager. I was presented with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• A couple interviewers asked good technical questions (describe the end-to-end flow from a thermistor to operator console at whatever level of knowledge you have), and others just wanted to know basic info about my background and experience. The lunch was very casual, and lasted almost 2 hours. There were no curve balls in this process. Very much as you would expect it to go.   Answer Question