Digitas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 1.5 hours. In that time, I met with multiple members of the Strategy & Analysis team for approx. 30 minutes each. We walked through the team structure, how I would be working within the team and how the team works within the broader client team. I was then asked questions about my experience, how I approach various scenarios within my role.

Interview Questions

• How many light bulbs are in the city? Explain your thought process for getting to that answer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas.

Interview

The overall process was painless. As a recent college graduate they were very open and willing to answer a lot of questions. HR reached out and within a week they had asked me to fly in for an interview. It took almost two weeks from the in-person interview to the offer was about a two week.

Interview Questions

• After answering why I wanted to work in advertising and specifically in analytics, they asked me why again. It made me feel as if I had not answered the question correctly   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me what I asked

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR. First round was basic background questions. A week later, I skyped with 3 people for the second round, 2 peers and 1 hiring manager. The peers will dig into your experience/project and ask you how you did this and may challenge you a little bit. Interview with hiring manager was surprisingly easy, just chatting about background and future projects. Didn't accept the offer because of the low pay.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a project and tell me what tool you used and how you did it, followed up with in-depth questions of your methodology/approach.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Digitas.

Interview

There is one round of the interview process, where you speak with 4 different account managers for about 30 minutes each. each of them ask about your background and previous experiences that you have on your resume. The interview was more like a conversation, and less puzzling questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and had to make that a positive experience/   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

HR was spectacular to deal with. Very courteous and prompt in their responses. They coordinated an in-person interview schedule as a series of back-to-back half hour interviews, each with a different individual.

While the interviewers seemed knowledgeable, there was a distinct lack of professionalism. One interviewer detailed one of the recent nights where the team got drunk, another showed up clearly hungover, and one played on his phone as I was answering questions. It was extremely insulting and an interview unlike anything I had previously seen. The saving grace was one interviewer who provided unbroken focus and from whom I received terrific feedback about the company and the particular role.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate slightly.

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis - SAN Francisco, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I wouldn't know the complete interview process as they never finished interviewing with me. I got a phone call from Michael Lochmondy and it was a simple phone screen. Afterwards he said that he would contact the Analytics team to have a group interview and see how I well I got along with them. I never got that phone call even after months of checking in with him.

I'm disappointed as Digitas was one of the companies I was really hoping to work for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, asked more about what I did in my previous experience (projects, etc.)   Answer Question

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial communication was quick and interviews set up quickly but follow ups took weeks. Two rounds of interviews (in person and by phone) then reference checks later, got an offer that was outside range for position. Was able to negotiate slightly but then they started downplaying my extensive experience and qualifications and wouldn't budge. They even admitted I would be working at a higher-level and would expect more of me but wouldn't agree to pay me closer to market value for the position. I declined the offer and called two other competitors who I am discussing next steps with now.

Interview Questions

• None - all were pretty much conversational and involved my work experience and the types of projects I managed over the years. I was impressed with the professionalism and intelligent people I met during this process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Questions

• how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question