Digitas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digitas Interview Questions

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digitas (Phila, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very long, dysfunctional and repetitive. I had to meet with 6 people for "30 min each," although it was closer to a 20-min "interview" and 10-min tracking each person down (they did not want to be there). Five of them asked me the same few canned questions that could apply to any situation, but ending with, "I know the other guys are asking you this exact same question, but..." So, I was there for 3+ hours trying to answer the same questions five times. I'm guessing in the end they came together like Voltron/Power Rangers and assembled each interviewee's story to get something somewhat coherent. Every question I had about the company and why I should look forward to working there was met with lots of "um"s, shrugs, frowns and blank stares. The last guy was an CD or similar, who tried applying to my previous employer (for my job) a year before that and seemed sore at me because he hadn't gotten that job. So, for 20 min, he just gave me a lot of awkward probing questions about people that worked at my company and my relationships to them, presumably trying to figure out how to work there. In other words, if one were to BS the whole interview and use completely canned non-answer answers, they would likely get a job here.

Interview Questions

• Are you still friends with ________? Are you guys "good" friends? How close are you guy, do yo still talk regularly?   Answer Question

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews with HR, and though it seemed very promising, it ended there.

Interview Questions

• Provide specific examples of ethnographic and other types of market research conducted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions

• If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Creative Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of meeting with four people. A lot of different questions were asked about skill set and personal questions. Once a person was sure you were technically capable the questioning really turned in to a get to know you session. Everyone had a different approach to the interview process but everyone was very nice. Culture and cooperation seems to be a big part of the company profile so everyone was pretty consistent with their questioning.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a web site home page and explained what was happening on it and asked how I would do various aspects of the development   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Finance Intern Interview

Interview

Phone & in person interviews. Very friendly, and relaxed, mostly want you to speak to your previous experience, and how that will make you a fit for the position.

Took another offer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online (through the Digitas website). I heard from a recruiter a few weeks later and we scheduled a phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview - very informal, exploring my background and giving some detail (though not a ton) about the position and the S&A group. He also briefly discussed salary parameters for the role.

I was then scheduled for a round of in-person interviews. I met with four members of the S&A team (ranging in role from manager to vp) for 30 minutes each. Everyone was really friendly and conversational. They all asked about my background and work/education experiences. Nothing crazy. There was one "case question", which was a market sizing question.

I left that day feeling satisfied with the experience. The recruiter I had been working with called a few days later to share my feedback. Unfortunately, while he said the team really liked me and thought I would be a good fit for the company, my background wasn't specifically what they were looking for for this role. He did suggest that I reach back out if I see any different roles that interest me (in the specific groups where the team felt I would better fit).

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions

• Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards   Answer Question