Digitas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick - I was in contact with a former friend who was working there, and he gave me the download on all I should know going into the interview. I felt prepared, but I was actually very calm and felt like myself during the process (I'm fairly quirky). I think the Creative team appreciated my casual and friendly attitude because I soon learned they we're all very open people too. The interview was fun - I fit in because I was just like them.

Interview Questions

• - Your book mostly shows print work. Why digital?

- What are you listening to right now? (I loved this question!)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and brief. As an entry level creative, this process was foreign to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first step was submitting my application. I emailed my resume, cover letter, and a short essay answering the prompt "If you were an app, what would you be?" Then I got an email notifying me that I had made it to the interview round. I met with 4 people during the interview, and they were all very nice and friendly. They asked a lot of questions about items on my resume, asked about the role I took on in group projects, any challenges I had faced, etc. They also asked if I had heard about some of the campaigns they had worked on, and had a lot of questions about social media.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about campaigns they worked on and effective use of social media   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter in Boston and we had a 20-ish minute conversation and then a call from the head of HR in NY. I later received a call from a NY assistant to come in and meet with 3 HR people - I went in and spent about an hour meeting with all 3 of the HR folks. Altogether I spent about 2 hours discussing the role that they had. I emailed a thank you to each of them and was assured I would hear next steps soon. Now, almost 2 months later - crickets. Nothing. It's like I never took the time to go meet with them. Very unprofessional IMO. As a professional HR person, I am disappointed in their process. At least a "thanks but no thanks" would have been appreciated.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

First talked to an HR rep over the phone with basic questions - why are you looking to switch jobs, what your background is, etc.

Then came in for in person interviews. Met with a few different people in the department at all levels. Junior people felt like they were selling me more than interviewing me. Senior people asked a couple of short case-like questions, but they weren't tough. I answered incorrectly, and they did not seem to put too much weight on it.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you worked with large amounts of data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Interview Questions

• What is the yearly consumption of eggs in the USA   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Questions

• How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Search Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and done round robin style. I met with four different people with the department who asked standard structured interview questions. Because of the position the questions were logic based and not behavioral. Mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to find a needle in a haystack what method would you use?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview was pretty simple, 2 behavior + 1 case study

Interview Questions

• If you had to advertise during the superbowl, what are some factors you need to take into account?   Answer Question

See What Digitas Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Pros: “I worked with some of the smartest and most creative people in the ad industry here. A pretty good balance of data-driven vs. creative-driven work. The tension between creative teams and...”“I worked with some of the smartest and most creative people in the ad industry here. A pretty good balance of data-driven vs. creative-driven work. The tension between creative teams and analysts was pretty strong, but I thought it was a good thing for the quality of the work. There was a good amount of learning and development opportunities, a relatively flat organizational structure (could walk into most offices without a meeting being scheduled), and some opportunity for career growth. However, some people definitely felt the last point (opportunities) were few and far between. Work-life balance was good and the agency participated in the community and volunteered often.” – Full Review