Digitas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digitas Interview Questions

Media Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digitas.

Interview

Had a quick behavioral phone interview and then got called into the office for 3 different interviews with managers from the department. Total process was about 4 hours.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digitas in April 2013.

Interview

Asked about my creative process. To present some of my ideas as well as explain why I did the things I did. Overall it was a great experience and received good feedback in general from them. They where very easy to talk to. As long as you can explain yourself, stay calm, confident and be yourself it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about this campaign what would it be?   1 Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

the head of HR didn't seem interested in what I had to say. She kept checking her watch, and interrupting me. Plus she showed up 20 minutes late. It seemed like she didn't know very much about the role, because she was asking very generic questions, and when I tried to dig for more specifics, she said she'd have to find out.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest recent lesson you've learned in the workplace?   Answer Question

Horrible Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   1 Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Digitas.

Interview

The questions asked of me were pretty expected -- no curve balls. I was asked to describe a recent recommendation that I made to the client, and to describe my rationale. Other than that, standard questions regarding my media and supervising skill set.

Interview Questions

• Again, no curve balls. The interviewer was clearly just interested in understanding my skills and personality.   Answer Question

Associate Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through my campus online portal, had an initial phone interview and then had 4 separate 30 min. interviews with different account planners in the Boston office.

Everyone was very nice and friendly but 2 of them barely read my resume beforehand and were not at all prepared to interview me.

In general they asked a little bit about my background/resume etc. and also asked questions to better understand how I think and approach problems.

Interview Questions

• I had lengthy discussion about a brand that I liked and then had to chose a brand in the same category that I believed was weak and why. From there I had to give recommendations on how I would change this brand's current strategy. The question was completely fair as it was trying to reveal how I think. That being said, since I don't spend a lot of time thinking about brands I don't like, I had trouble articulating why I didn't like this certain brand (especially because the category was so narrow).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university and was notified about a month and a half later for an interview. I did 5 back to back 20 minute phone interviews with an hour break after the 3rd. They later notified me about a month after.

Interview Questions

• They just went through my resume and asked questions regarding it. They also wanted to know about my thought process when it came to designing certain projects I worked on.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

3 interviews

Wanted freelance

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Digitas in February 2013.

Interview

4 separate 30 minute interviews. The interviewers were friendly but serious. They were looking for concrete examples of past experience. For example: Name a time when you took leadership; Give an example of your strength in managing projects, Talk about how you work in a team environment, Give 3 strengths/ 3 weaknesses, etc. There was only one "situational" question (see below).

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with a client who was asking for something beyond their budget?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digitas.

Interview

I applied through my university's career site and was contacted within 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. It last about 30 min. with an HR representation and it was really laidback and conversational. I unfortunately did not get a second round interview, but it was a great experience.