Digitas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2018

2.9

Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (Detroit, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a Digitas recruiter in Boston. A few days later she contacted me by phone and told me the hiring managers wanted to have me come in to the Detroit office for a face to face interview. I interviewed with 4 different people for 30 minutes each (2 hour interview). I was called back again for a second interview where once again I interviewed with 4 more people for 30 minutes each (2 hour interview). A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• If it were your job to figure out how many barber shops are needed in the U.S how would you go about figuring it out and how many barber shops would you suggest are needed.   1 Answer

Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone screening with a recruiter, then I came into the office and met with 5 people total, all of whom would eventually be on my team. They asked about my background, what I thought of digital advertising. It was very conversational, very relaxing. Great team and a great experience.

Associate Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

One-on-one interviews with four different ACDs/Sr. Copywriters about interest in digital copywriting and creative concepting. Each interview took about thirty minutes. Interviews were conversational, and emphasized personality and creative process. Discussed creative work variations for different clients, and expectations for digital copywriters. All in all, a fun and energetic interview. Heard back a few months later, due to weather challenges in Boston, though recruiters kept in regular contact and made themselves available if needed.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with key team members over the course of 2 separate visits. They were very thorough and honest about the opportunities and challenges. The culture was very open, very driven and professional, but not hectic or stuffy. The hiring process was very smooth. After I accepted the offer letter via an online app, a hard copy was at my door within days. The background check was very thorough. When I arrived for my first day, everything was set up and waiting. The company seems well run internally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Engaged in some negotiation. I would advise people to be honest with themselves and their skillset as to end up in a position that they want to be in vs. one they think they might want but in reality may not be ready for. In terms of salary, they will work with you within reason.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process is thorough and organized. Equal emphasis on skills, experience, and cultural fit. Be prepared for behavioral and case study questions and exercises. The people conducting the interviews have received training on interviews and do a good job explaining the process and flow of the interviews. Interviewers tend to focus more on whether interviewees are a good fit over trying to wooing potential employees.

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviews were fine. There were 2 initial phone screens and then they invited me in for in-person. I met with 4 people for 30 mins each in their individual offices which honestly weren't very nice but fine. The interviews seem to me to have went well. I currently work in a similar position at a competing company so I feel well qualified. The issue was I never heard back with a final determination. I followed up with the recruiter who said I would hear back soon then nothing. I sent 2 more emails which were ignored and not responded to so I dropped it. I just find it so rude and unprofessional that they don't follow up even to say something like they went with another candidate but let's keep in touch.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my current work since I have a similar job at a competing agency.   Answer Question

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty typical and fast- start off with a phone screen with HR and then an in person interview with 4/5 people in the team

Interview Questions

• If you had $10M, how would you invest in a marketing campaign   1 Answer

Not the lifestyle I wanted- very much work long hours and then party with your coworkers after work.

Associate Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Digitas was very responsive - it was less than a week after submitting my resume when i was called for a preliminary phone interview. After a quick assessment over the phone, i was asked to come into interview with 4 team members over the course of a couple hours in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What was the most comprehensive marketing strategy you defined and executed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I rejected the first offer and provided a counter offer figure that quickly accepted. They will try an get you for your lowest price, do your research, don't be greedy and make a firm offer

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas in March 2013.

Interview

I first spoke to a recruiter and advanced to the next stage of the hiring process in Chicago. I was interviewed by two strategy analysts and the department heads in three short behavioral interviews. The questions were fair and I was given a case at the end of my third interview which was not too difficult.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Chose to pursue other options that arose.