Digitas Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

Process took about two weeks. Phone call then interview in house with three employees. Asked a lot of situational questions and about your skills. One employee didn't have time to answer my questions at the end which I thought was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure? Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very robust. I had a series of three or four phone calls between the HR team and the actual direct team i interviewed for. On the day of the in person interview I had 4 separate individual interviews with team members. The interview lasted about four hours and I had a pretty good feel about my chances after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at work you had to deliver bad news.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with the recruiter, didn't seem like anything was going to look up since I still had some time before I could actually start but then he contacted to to interview with the ACD for a position that opened up. Since I wasn't in NY I did a skype interview and it went pretty well. It was mainly just him talking about the role and see if it was something I was interested in. Got a phone offer a week later and the official letter two weeks after that.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Questions

• how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process but I was surprised at how quickly they got back to me and how fast I was able to start - probably because the economy was doing well at that point

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I Went to a super-day in the office for seniors. It was set-up speed dating style with 3 rounds of interviews. However, the lounge area was so small, I was literally shouting to my interviewer for her to hear me. Moreover, all the interviewers asked me simple and meaningless questions. Nothing constructive or questions that allowed me to explain my extensive experience in this position. I do not understand how they evaluated which candidates they wanted to select. Maybe favorites or friends to employees?...

All in all, one of the worst interview experiences i ever had. I dont think this process was thought all the way through.

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviews were fine. There were 2 initial phone screens and then they invited me in for in-person. I met with 4 people for 30 mins each in their individual offices which honestly weren't very nice but fine. The interviews seem to me to have went well. I currently work in a similar position at a competing company so I feel well qualified. The issue was I never heard back with a final determination. I followed up with the recruiter who said I would hear back soon then nothing. I sent 2 more emails which were ignored and not responded to so I dropped it. I just find it so rude and unprofessional that they don't follow up even to say something like they went with another candidate but let's keep in touch.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my current work since I have a similar job at a competing agency.   Answer Question

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews with HR, and though it seemed very promising, it ended there.

Interview Questions

• Provide specific examples of ethnographic and other types of market research conducted.   Answer Question

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions

• Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards   Answer Question