Dillard's Area Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Area Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out an interest form for another store and different department. The store manager inquired why I wanted to leave and when I told him he became visibly aggravated and had me call the other Store manager where I wanted to transfer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transfer? What makes you think that you can do the job?What are your career plans?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Short sweet and to the point. We talked about benefits and future movement in the company. Overall a really pleasant experience. I appreciated the traditional one on one style.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that found my resume online. We had a few phone calls and next thing I knew I was flying to Texas for an interview. I interviewed with two people and was offered a job during lunch..

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to provide sales numbers and volume of previous businesses I worked for.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was referred by an employee to apply. I filled out an application online that took about an hour. First interview was with the store manager. Very comfortable conversation about my past experience and future goals. Second interview was with district management about week later. Both interviews were relaxed and covered basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I motivate different personalities within my assigned area.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Store manager called me in and I met with her within the week. I had my resume ready and I was prepared for the interview. I had previously worked at a different retailer as a manager. It was a one on one meeting at first then about thirty minutes into the meeting she brought in the operations manager to ask several other questions about how i handle situations and to see my thought processes.

Interview Questions

• What difference would I make if I had the opportunity to change something   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate because of my experience

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple for me. I was interviewed by an Area Sales Manager and the Operations Manager. Attitude and Attire is very important for the interview. Dress sharp and professional. keep confident and positive attitude. No casual wear.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about past experiences and ambition in the company.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The process was fairly easy since I had already been working as a part time sales clerk.
    I interviewed with the area manager at the time and as well as the store manager for the position over the men's area. So it was a within the company advancement opportunity. The process went smoothly and my training began immediately.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Prescott, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was recruited when I was 18 from a clothing store Buckle. I was great at sales and had zero reservations. The Dillard's store manager needed help creating a similar atmosphere in her store. She asked that I go in for an interview very comfortable and casul next j interview telephonically with the district manager and after him I wen to another telephonic interview with Alex Dillard. Very smooth very comfortable although no men in that company ever sound impressed. Their voices stay minitone.

Interview Questions

• Where i wanted to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's in August 2014.

Interview

Went through 3 different steps. Had to drive to 3 different stores. My second interview the interviewer was late and I had to wait 20 minutes for him to get it together. The job they sold me was not the job I got when I started

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Applicants must take a People Answers test before being considered for an interview. It is graded, if you test 2 or higher the applicant will be contacted for an interview. The applicant will interview with a manager of department where there is a job opening. If the manager likes the applicant, there will be a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The People Answers test is very long, analyzes smarts and work ethics compared to that of Dillard's working environment. Best to take exam at home, where you are in a comfortable and quiet location.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.