Dillard's Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview first since I did not live in the same city. After that I did an in person interview. I interviewed with four different people two at a time. After talking with friends though we all had very different interview experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Dillard's in November 2013.

Interview

The interviewer seemed to talk and "lecture" me the majority of the interview. When he did let me talk he asked very general questions and did not seem at all interested in what I had to say. In general, the interviewer seemed very cold and impersonal. I was surprised that I was offered the next round of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Will meet with the DM and the VP. Could possibly meet with two DM's depending on what department they think you fit the best in. You will go o their office, and interview is usually set up by the admin.

Interview Questions

• Will tell you there is not a training manual ( which is very true)
      Will ask why you want to work in buying office
      Will ask about your past experience

Relatively easy process.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR) in August 2013.

Interview

I was recruited from college and flown up to the corporate office in the company plane. We landed and were taken on a tour of the flagship location and the buying office. We had a question and answer session with the upper management that were going to be some of the individuals interviewing us the next day. I interviewed with 3 divisional buyers over a day. They asked a variety of questions about our goals and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience?
      Where do you want to be in 5,10 years?
      What areas in the company are you interested in?
      Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in August 2011.

Interview

Rediculous! I asked them questions about the job. It was a joke to them. They wanted to know about my college experience and personal life. No qualification questions at all.

Negotiation

None. HR called with an offer and salary.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Came to college campus, asked about company history, where I would see myself in 5 years, and other basic interview questions. Then I went to the buying office for interviews with the President, DMM, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interview

Meet VP at a career fair. After graduating college, he referred me to another VP in which I have several "meetings" with VP's, in order to place me into a certain department. Once a position opened up, I interviewed with multiple people. The entire process lasted around 3 hours.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in January 2009.

Interview

Sent in resume to be considered, awaited phone call. Went in for initial interview, laid back seemed like a great company to work for. Discussed career path, goals, experiences, schooling etc. Called back for a second interview with second management person. More formal, a little more intense quick interview. Waited for phone call, came back in again.

Interview Questions

• what can you offer this company   1 Answer