Dillard's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lubbock, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Went in for an interview and meeting with them at the career expo. Was interviewed by a middle manager who then referred me up to the assistant store manager. After speaking with the assistant store manager and being told that I would have to start from the bottom even though I am a college graduate turned me off from the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know a lot about the fashion world?   1 Answer

Even though I interviewed for an Assistant Store Manager position with great experience and educational background, I was told that I would be required to start as an hourly sales associate and maybe in a few years I could move up to sales manager and then Assistant Store Manager. Apparently, even though I'm more qualified than a high school graduate, I would have to work at the same level as them with no guarantee of promotion since it is based on seniority and "if you are the right fit". Not worth my time as a college graduate with a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Business.

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager that she found my resume on monster.com and she wanted me to apply on their website and she would give me a call back shortly after to schedule an interview. So I did immediately after the phone call. Well, a few days past by and I never received a phone call back. I called them and asked for the hiring manager and they hung up on me more than once. I finally got a hold of the store manager and she apologized and said she would send the message to the hiring manager that I was trying to reach her. A couple of days went by afterwards and received a phone call from the hiring manager stating that the position was no longer available. I was extremely upset that they did not even give the chance to come in and interview. The hiring manager psyched me up for no reason.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was promoted from men's area sales manager@ their Oakview store in Omaha NE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation you either took the job or stayed where you were.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 2 different interviews. For the second interview, I was left waiting for over an hour and 30 min. I had one phone interview, Then 2 different in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked why Dillards? Then I was asked how I would handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager.