Dillard's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Buford, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a three step process, First, you interview with a sales floor manager within whatever department. Then the assistant Manger over the store and hopefully if they like you then the store manager. the store manager is your biggest battle to win, he wants to see that you know money and know how to earn yourself more money. simple

Interview Questions

• What type of employee are you   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

Easy and pleasant. They require a rather lengthy online "personality" test, but the interview was low key. I don't recommend working here, but if you want the job, just dress nice and be nice and friendly. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy process wasn't given a "real interview " just spoke with the manager for my department. Got the job the same day of interview. Kinda hire anyone with experience or referred

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Boring and easy. You had to go through two-three people. Department manager and then the assistant manger and then the STORE manager. Overall the process was not very hard and they asked typical interview questions. They did not tell you how crappy the job would be.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Dillards?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out an interest form for another store and different department. The store manager inquired why I wanted to leave and when I told him he became visibly aggravated and had me call the other Store manager where I wanted to transfer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transfer? What makes you think that you can do the job?What are your career plans?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring/interviewing process took a very long time. Secretary forgot to submit information once being given the go ahead to schedule next interview. It was supposed to be a 3 part interview process (which is pointless; just telling different people the same thing over and over) I had a 4 part interview because the position I was initially interviewing for was no longer available.

First interview: Easy but long because she talked a lot
    Second interview: I was asked questions and told about my role
    Third Interview: Very short, again told about role
    Fourth (final) interview: Talked about experience, discussed pay and referral

Called a day later, was given an offer and I took it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background......
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. The store manger reviewed with me the results of the assessments I took when I applied. She asked me a few situation based questions. Then she asked about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short and easy, took training classes. Management seemed nice. Had no problems there. Only thing is you have to be dressed up at all times, no questions asked. Some people may not see that as a problem though lol. It's nice I guess but no more lazy days!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, asking about you and previous job experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. Took whatever they gave me.

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was electronic and then met for a group interview panel. Very exciting and interactive, FUN. Was a long afternoon and enjoyed the process. I thought it was a nice day and met nice people

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and then interviewed with a sales manager, Assistant Store manager and then Store Manager. Process was quick but then you have to come back another day and spend 5 hrs watching the training videos. There is no cash register training and no one on one training available to associates.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain your customer base ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even though I was a well seasoned sales person I was not offered a full time position. I felt the pay scale was low in comparison to the quota that was to be made. The store manager was only concerned about his sales quota.