Dillard's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a very long process. It took almost a month to get hired. Had to meet with store manager, brand account executive, cosmetivs manager etc. Felt they kept stalling the process, for god knows what reason. Excepted the offer since it was $14.00 hourly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, interviewed first by the store manager, then the department manager for which I had applied. I was hired quickly and excited to start, not knowing the awful journey that was ahead of me.

Interview Questions

• What is exceptional customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Greenville, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through three interviews. One with the store manager, one with the assistant store manager and then one with the cosmetics manager. The whole process took about 2 weeks to complete/

Anonymous Employee in Lake Wales, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lake Wales, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

You get called in and they have you interview with the manager of your department first, then with the store manager. They then have you agree to a background test that they tell you only takes an hour but in reality can take up to a week.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Glendale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with about 3 different managers from different departments before I was approved to be interviewed by a cosmetic manager. I then went through 3 interviews with that makeup counter (included makeup audition and phone interview) to get interviewed by a different counter which interviewed me twice and finally hired me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Hiring process took one week. I applied online received a call on Monday for an interview on Wednesday. I got interviewed by 2 managers and hired on the spot. I also have to interview with a Estée Lauder.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a beauty advisor ?
      What make up do you wear? Ect
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Maumee, OH).

Interview

Applied, a few days later a beauty manager called and I had a phone interview, a couple days after that I had a face to face interview with the store manager. Compensation was not discussed until orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had poor customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Too many rigorous, poorly conducted interviews, need to be hired and interviewed by Account Executive and Business Manager not upper management, Talent Plus needs to be updated, need to explain thoroughly the expectations and job description

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's in January 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. Second was over the phone with Estée Lauder since I would be working for Origins owned by Estée Lauder. That was the most difficult interview. Deep questions that required thought you had to answer on the spot basically.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation about .50 cents an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Reno, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

they are pretty simple ask if you feel comfortable being up close to people and putting make up on them they pretty much just talk the whole time and explains what your job description will be