Dillard's Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's (North Olmsted, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, assistant store manager, and area sales manager. They asked me about my previous experience and what I could bring to Dillard's. I had one interview that took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Easy, they called me, I was hired within I think two weeks. Very Basic, no testing. It's retail, not hard, just let them know you are customer oriented.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very informal with Dillard's. Went in and discussed pay and what counter I'd like to work for. Offered on the spot and had to interview with the cosmetics company as well. That one was more formal and included questions and a makeup interview on the account executive.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about working in cosmetics?   1 Answer
    • how will you drive your business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, one with store director, second with store director, assistant director, and the manager of department that I was going to eventually take over. The third interview was with the district manager. Each interview was more and more in depth which helped me gain experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle certain situation (insert customer situation)   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I interviewed with a cosmetic brand and then right after that interview we walked straight into the interview with the DIllard's store manager. Basic questions. They told me they needed to run a background check and 5 days later i was offered a job. There was no room to negotiate salary although I tried.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. What is your management style? How will you coach an employee not meeting their goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

very simple process. it's such a revolving door, they have to fill positions immediately.

Interview Questions

• simple basic interview by an inexperienced interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant Regional / Store Manager / District Manager
    The overall experience was thorough. I saw red flags about the companies upper management style but ignored them because I desperately needed a job. I should of gone with my gut and walked away.

Interview Questions

• Basic: Experience / Sales technique / Education etc,
      Overall experience was okay   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clarksville, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

I got the job from networking

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you achieved a goal you set for yourself (work or personal).   Answer Question