Dillard's Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

1.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (McAllen, TX).

Interview

First you have to take a 45 min personality quiz. If you pass thencyou can complete the applicatoon. In person interview consisted of reviewing my resume, a few situational questions and then determining which company I was best suited for.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example if how you are able to motivate associates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process went extremely quickly and smoothly. I spoke to a manager via email, went through the interview process with him and the cosmetic company, and I had an offer within one week. Easiest process I had ever been through for a cosmetic job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was amazing! I did not have to negotiate, at all.

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Beachwood, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

After following up, Store Manager, who is no longer working for the company, told me I had to go on the company website to fill out 100 questionnaire. Got a call back and interview from Asst. Manager from Stephanie who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience/or a memory that you have from Dillard's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have experience, ask for what you want for salary. It's very difficult to receive a raise here because of their AUS (Average Unit Sale) goals for each counter. I was offered $15 which was a pay cut compared to what I was making at previous position. Found out later that I was grossly underpaid compared to the people whose experience I exceeded.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

hired on the spot- how you look is ridiculously important. I asked if the Mac counter was hiring while passing through the dillards to exit the mall. The person I asked was the cosmetics area manager. we met one time, I signed the paper work, watched some safety and company policies videos, started the next day.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been in the cosmetic industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pensacola, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal almost like they wanted any warm body that could smile. I entered my application in the store, and had an interview within 20 minutes and offered a job 30 minutes later. It was very easy to get a job there.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Apply online and you will be rated on a scale of 1 to 5 based on your application. Only those with a 4 or 5 rating are called for a face to face interview. Brief but thorough interview about your work history and aspirations with Dillard's.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from Dillard's as a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's (Norman, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

On line application, they will call you back if they are interested and then there is a one on one sit down interview. If you are hired you will be with a group of others that were hired on at the same time. You will go through a month of training. Then you will be placed on the floor to work.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with numbers of production and needing to reach a percentage goal how was I going to do that.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in March 2012.

Interview

Filled out application on line. met with store manager one on one.
    Very nice and positive interview, asked to tell him about myself. I gave him a 2min brief of myself and employment history. He then asked me to participate in a group interview that coming Sat.
    The group interview was great! Store manager along with the assistant store manager spoke about why they liked working for Diillard's. Then there was a question & answer where anyone could raise their hand.
    Very intertwining and fun. I am very impressed with Dillard's.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a mad employee.   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer