Dillard's Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Counter Manager Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

This company will not hire any black people in management, it doesn't matter how well qualified you are, particularly the one in Tallahassee,fl the process took about two weeks just to be told "I'll keep your application in mind

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Auburn, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Not very long. I had one by phone with the cosmetic rep and one with the store manager. Basic questions were asked. They basically want to make sure you're comfortable with getting people to come back by phone and rebooking with you.

Interview Questions

• what is your background pertaining to cosmetics, are you comfortable making phone calls, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none. you start out at $12 hr.

Counter Manager Interview

Interview

As simple as filling out an online application, meeting with an assistant manager, then the general manager and starting the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Brandon, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Went to customer service, applied on a computer terminal and waited to meet with the store manager. Met with her and was offered to start training the next day. Wanted a position right off the bat in management but was told I needed to prove myself first. They said they valued internal promotions and I would need to work my way up. Sold as a very positive experience with a company I would want to retire from. Office and building were very clean. Receptionist very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected, more or less standard interview regarding experience and where I saw myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It didn't seem like I was able to negotiate pay of $9/hr. Was told there was a 2-week and 3-month evaluation period that would set my pay more appropriately after they could see my performance.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume in via a craig's list ad. Then was called and asked to come in and complete the application. Was interviewed on the spot by two ams'. Was called the next day and asked to meet with the store manager.

Negotiation

They offered me .50 less than they advertised. I pointed that out, then they told me that I was wrong. I produced a hard copy of it and they agreed to pay the full amount. They offered a commission plan that ended up not being the way they said it was.