Dillard's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2016

2.0

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

You bring in a resume to the upstairs area where the gift wrap is. You give it to the office secretary. If you are invited back you then complete the application in office. If they call you for an interview you go through a total of three interviews. The questuk s are about your prior sales and customer service experience as well as situational questions.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Short sweet and to the point. We talked about benefits and future movement in the company. Overall a really pleasant experience. I appreciated the traditional one on one style.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pearland, TX).

Interview

You have to interview with 3 different managers on 3 different days. First two managers are department managers and last interview is with store manager. If you pass the first 1st interview, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job? How do you handle stressful situations? Do you think you can meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

10 minute interview on why you want to work there as well talk a little bit about yourself. Just talk about yourself and your experience and what you can bring to Dillard's. As well ask about the company and why they are there or how did they end up there.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I interview 2. Once with the department manager and then with the store manager. Both easy interviews. Nothing to hard. Just the basic interview questions. After my second interview they offers the job right there. And I had training the next day. Training lasted a week then for two more we were tested on the floor and "graduated" to actual sales associates.

Cosmetic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was not bad. Met with the counter manager and the store manager. They promised the world and opportunity to advance in the company. This turned up to not be anywhere near reality though.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple for me. I was interviewed by an Area Sales Manager and the Operations Manager. Attitude and Attire is very important for the interview. Dress sharp and professional. keep confident and positive attitude. No casual wear.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about past experiences and ambition in the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It took two weeks.applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview passed that and got a second interview with the store manager and got hired

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me to schedule an interview whenever I was free and when I got there, I had to wait for an available manager. The first manager I talked to was a Department one and asked me about my life, how did I come to apply to dillards, etc. Then she asked me to sell her on any object in the office. It was pretty relaxed but also straightforward. After that interview, the Store manager scheduled a one-on-one interview with him and he asked the same questions and asked what my long-term goals were. Then he negotiated pay and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a tough situation at work or in life and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward
    They let you know what they want from you
    Rules and expectations are very clear from the beginning no surprises
    Their hiring process is very quick
    I received an email from the cosmetic manager, set up an interview. I was then called in for an offer. Paper work took about an hour.
    I started right away.
    Depending on your counter manager one can learn rather quickly or not

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?
      How do you work in a team?
      What do you think about phones on the floor?
      Answer Question