Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

EDP Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The Recruiter spent most of the time talking, felt like I couldn't get a word in. He Asked basic interview questions. Overall it was a pretty easy interview, but it felt rushed and like I wasn't able to say as much as I would have liked about myself.

Interview Questions

• Asked to further explain my previous positions, why did you choose to apply to Dillard's? Any last words to make me remember you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Biloxi, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied back in January. Around February 1st j received a call to come in for an interview on the 6th. It was really short — about 10 minutes. She just asked me about my previous retail experience and told me about how Dillard's pay rate works. Upon ending, she told me there would be a second interview and they would call me. The next day they told me to come that following Thursday. I get a call 30 minutes before the scheduled time saying that they need to reschedule and they would call. Another week passes and they call again. So I go to the second rescheduled date, get there and am informed that the second interview has to be RESCHEDULED AGAIN! Fast forward, I finally had my second interview on March 6. A WHOLE MONTH LATER.. this time it's with the assistant manager who was sort of unprofessional. He kept asking what did the last interviewer ask me about, which seemed weird to me, because you mean to tell me you don't have your own set of questions to ask. It's been a week since the interview and haven't got a call back yet so I'm assuming they probably won't hire me which is fine by me because they're very unorganized and unprofessional.

IT Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

You interview with members of the current teams. They talk about your experience and how you would fit into the team. You also travel to the distribution center in Maumelle.

They paid for travel and hotel.

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

This company will not hire any black people in management, it doesn't matter how well qualified you are, particularly the one in Tallahassee,fl the process took about two weeks just to be told "I'll keep your application in mind

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was a little annoyed at first for how many interviews I was called in for on many separate occassions. In the end, all went well. The last interview I was able to meet some of the management team, which I thought was great.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you use that's most effective with your staff?   1 Answer

Sales Assicate Interview

Interview

You sit down with the store or assistant store manager, focus on your ability to sell product or charm people. Prove that you can build relationships and monetize them. The interview process was brief, I was hired in less than a week. The whole training process took about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Computer based application inside store, was informed that I would be called once the hiring process begins, luckily they called me within 2 days and I was able to plan the interview the next day.so on that day I went to the office and talk to the store manager whom was very casual and we just talked and he talked about expectations and goals and asked would I do my vest to meet those. Started working the next week

Camera Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houma, LA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, and pleasant.I received a phone call from the store ASM , Interviewed with her, Came back for a second interview with the Store Manager, had fairly pleasant conversation and started the following day.

Interview Questions

• Former experience,education, time spent working retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Questionnaire was tedious. Two to three interviews. Department Manager, Operations Manager, and Store Manager. The process did not take very long and you have to be able to pass a background check. They look to see how you well you fit in and how measure you up as to if you will make them money. If the department manager likes you, you move onto interview #2, and then again to #3.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

applied online (submitted resume, took analytical quiz, personality quiz, and answered questions about work preferences), I was called in for very brief first interview with the assistant store manager, called back for second interview with a department manager interview and she asked about 5 questions.. very quick process other than having to wait 2 weeks to start in their next round of employee training

Interview Questions

• Can you work until 9pm twice a week, most Saturdays and most holidays?   1 Answer