Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

658 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied on line and in about a week I got called to come in for an interview. I met with a manager who interviewed me and then was scheduled to come back for another interview. The second interview was with the Assistant Store Manager and then I had the third interview that day which was with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Two interviews, first one positive as if I'd get the job. Second one was short and afterwards I was promised a call back but 2 weeks later still nothing. I'm very disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Texarkana, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got called in a Sunday to do an actual application. Then after that was completed I had the first interview that Thursday. Got a call that Saturday for a second interview this past Tuesday. Signed papers for a background check and got called and hired the same day. I start next week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Spplied online, very quick response to application. Phone call, voicemail and email sent. I responded a short time after and set up an interview for the day after next.
    The store was empty, I had to ask for directions to "customer service" (there is no customer service, fyi. It's offices and gift wrap) My interview began 15 minutes late, I do have respect for the manager who interviewed me, she was extremely pregnant and walking around in heels, so I didn't mind being after her bathroom break and lengthy review of papers on a clipboard. After she introduced herself, I was brought to a back "training room" in the quiet dark corner and sat at a long table.
    The manager asked me what I knew about Dillard's, I responded with my answer and told her that most of my experience was in Customer Service (Dillard's specialty)
    She then interrupted me and said that she was going to stop before we got too far. She informed me that although my top and cardigan were acceptable and my pants were acceptable, they were not up to their standards "worn together" .
    Not even for an interview.
    She told me I needed to "dress like I am going to church" and the shoes I had on would not be "Dillards acceptable" at all.
    She said she was going to be off the next day but would put me with another manager to come in and have the actual interview.
    I have 5 years of retail management experience, educated and I am extremely friendly, but the clothes I wore were not "good enough" for a young woman who seemed to be on a bit of a power trip.

Interview Questions

• No questions, sent home and "Rescheduled" for the next day because of my clothing combination and shoes   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager and a few days later I interviewed with the store manager. Both were very down to earth and friendly making the interview process comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why would I choose you over someone else?   1 Answer

Technology Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's (Starkville, MS) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was on campus the day after our career fair. There were two interviewers who were very friendly and simply wanted to dig deeper into my resume. Dillard's Technology in Little Rock, AR is heavily coding dependent, so they asked about my favorite programming languages and why. They like SQL, COBOL, Java, and web development languages. As a retail store, a lot of coding they do has to do with inventory management and user interface systems. The company focuses a lot on placing you in a role they believe you fit best after you complete the trainee program. They told me the position they believe I fit best, but could not extend an offer this recruiting round because I graduate too late.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was so quick and easy! I applied at 11 at night on the Dillard’s website and not even the next day that morning somebody had called me back. I scheduled on Monday to go and interview, I showed up 20mins early and sat there for 10 mine and one of the girls grabbed me and asked me some questions. And then I got a second interview and she’s hired me there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Ogden, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I arrived for the interview and they were very nice and welcoming. They offered me the job, and told me that everyones pay goes down from $12/hr to $8/hr if you dont meet the sales quote, so the next day I called to decline the offer. I read online that they have you meet a sales quote, and if you dont, they could fire you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in September 2017.

Interview

went in for interview and was only asked if i minded sales goals, did i mind doing markdowns, and was informed that i would work weekends. I had questions, and during that part of the interview the dept mgr made a comment about how "this was the longest interview he's ever done." Rude.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about doing markdowns?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about sales goals?   1 Answer

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tyler, TX).

Interview

Two or three interviews and on the first interview (who was my boss, I just didn't know it at the time) told me that I needed "to dress better. What you have on isn't going to get you hired but I like you so I'm going to give you another shot."

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at our store a lot?   1 Answer