Dillard's Jewelry/Watch Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Jewelry/Watch Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I submitted my résumé on monster but also came in to apply at the I store kiosk. The HR contacted me one or two days later to schedule an interview for two days later. My interview was with the home department manager. The interview went by very pleasantly, he definitely put me at ease with the interview and I rarely told him about me, he was almost persuading me to take the job. I passed that interview and he set me up with an interview with the store manager the following Monday which I believe was three days later. The store manager was very nice, upbeat and pleasant as well. He asked me a few questions about my previous jobs and when I told him I used to work at a jewelry store that customized bracelets and showed him mine and how the charm bracelet works, I believe that sold him and he hired me on the spot. I signed paper work right after I left his office and started a three week training process the following week. But nonetheless the interview with the store manager was more of him explaining to me how the store works.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as he offered me a great base pay that is much more than what others got.