Dillard's COSMETICS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

1.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

Easy and pleasant. They require a rather lengthy online "personality" test, but the interview was low key. I don't recommend working here, but if you want the job, just dress nice and be nice and friendly. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

You must have experience in this field - previous counter experience or have an Esthetician license. You can also be promoted within the store. My interview was fun and pleasant. Go in with can-do sales attitude and be peppy. Be prepared to answer basic Customer Service questions (How did you handle this in the past, How would you satisfy an unhappy customer) as well as questions about makeup application and skin care.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at meeting goals?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (McAllen, TX).

Interview

First you have to take a 45 min personality quiz. If you pass thencyou can complete the applicatoon. In person interview consisted of reviewing my resume, a few situational questions and then determining which company I was best suited for.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example if how you are able to motivate associates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was very easy to apply, the interview process was a breeze. Great company. The area where i took my online computer test was quiet. The staff was very friendly. The manager who hired me was nice enough. I really enjoyed working here. The people were nice and the work environment was easy going. I worked in the men's cologne department. We had nice benefits.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process went extremely quickly and smoothly. I spoke to a manager via email, went through the interview process with him and the cosmetic company, and I had an offer within one week. Easiest process I had ever been through for a cosmetic job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was amazing! I did not have to negotiate, at all.

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Friendswood, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for cosmetics but was interviewed by the Women's Dresses Manager for my first interview and then the Assistant store manager for my second interview. Was told I was be placed in the Women's Shoes department but showed up for my orientation and was bounced around to every department except cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of your job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief, and simple, pretty much because the manager talked about herself the whole time.
    I've been down the road, I can interview for a retail job. They were weren't at all intimidating or trying to be at that point. You have to be proactive, expect after applying to call them, show up and ask about the status of your application.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was one of the toughest decisions of your life? 2.Why do you want to work at Dillard's? 3.What do you have to offer Dillard's?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Beachwood, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

After following up, Store Manager, who is no longer working for the company, told me I had to go on the company website to fill out 100 questionnaire. Got a call back and interview from Asst. Manager from Stephanie who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience/or a memory that you have from Dillard's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have experience, ask for what you want for salary. It's very difficult to receive a raise here because of their AUS (Average Unit Sale) goals for each counter. I was offered $15 which was a pay cut compared to what I was making at previous position. Found out later that I was grossly underpaid compared to the people whose experience I exceeded.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Walked in and filled out an application, spoke to a department manager who liked me enough to tell the store mgr to interview me. Scheduled interview, went in, pretty relaxed, the general questions.

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

very easy relaxed setting. cosmetic manager was super nice. she seemed to actually care what you wanted and was willing to help store manager at the time though needed a little work

Interview Questions

• what line am i looking to go in and would i like to get continuous training   1 Answer