Dillard's Selling Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Selling Manager Interview Questions

2.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get hired. To be a manager in the store you have to pass a customer service quiz followed by a interview with the District Manager and Assistant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Very comfortable process. Met with the Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and assistant Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2014.

Interview

It was a good process but unorganized. I did not hear from them for a couple weeks, even though I tried to reach them. They did not provide great training (I am learning on my own).

Negotiation

We negotiated the hourly pay. They end up paying what I want it according to my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up and interview within a week. I Met with the store manager as well as the assistant and they asked me about myself and general questions about why I wanted to work for Dillard's. The interview went well and I felt pretty comfortable around the managers. After that I was offered a position and they processed the background check so I could start working immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview took about 15 minutes over the phone with the Cosmetics Regional Manager. She asked about my background, goals and visions for the counter. She was very open to my ideas and very encouraging. They want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the way things are run currently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lewisville, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Met with district manager for an in person interview. Accepted offer. Then met up with store and assistant store manager for a meet and greet and paper filing.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

They are so desperate for employees, if you dress nice and can speak in full sentences you are hired.

Interview Questions

• How soon can you come to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's in July 2009.

Interview

I interviewed initially for a counter manager job. it was easy. however i had 2 big interviews for promotions that were more stressful

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with someone who is not only under performing, but is also unteachable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much but if its salary ask for a lot more. because you will work a ton of hours. with no overtime.