Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.1

Clinique Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2008.

Interview

Talent plus interview, district manager interview, store manager interview, regional cosmetic business manager interview. Have as many learning experiences as possible. Be open and honest. Its a hard but fun job. This position can really open a lot of doors for the future. Be willing to be dedicated to the position and remeber that your people are only as good as you. Be willing to coach and develop your team and be able to work with a lot of different personalities and coach to each one.

Interview Questions

• If you have someone that you know is an alcoholic how would you handle the situation even if they come to work sober   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really not able to negotiate.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Too many rigorous, poorly conducted interviews, need to be hired and interviewed by Account Executive and Business Manager not upper management, Talent Plus needs to be updated, need to explain thoroughly the expectations and job description

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Very formal interview, multiple executives interview the applicant in panel discussion and one-one. Process was very structured and involved two days. Need to be very prepared with examples outlining your previous successes.

Interview Questions

• Descibe a time when you and a supervisor disagreed on something and what was the outcome. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Management In Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Rogers, AR) in October 2014.

Interview

1st interview at university
    2nd interview at corporate
    Multiple interviews over a 2 day period, including a cocktail party and rotating interviews with a group of 3 people
    Also includes a tour of the store, and a meeting with the store manager with questions and a tell me about yourself portion

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to Dillard's?
      How has school prepared you for this program?
      What attracted you to the program?
      Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Amarillo, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed three times once by store manager then by an ASM and then by my counter manager, after that I was put through a phone interview for talent plus. My first interview was one on one with the Ops manager this was the hardest part of the interview, he wanted me to sale myself to him and he was very hard to read and very cold.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should chose you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied a little under a week ago, got a call the next day saying they liked what they read on the application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an interview. Got to the interview and sat down with a manager and she told me that she didn't even know she was supposed to interview anyone so she wasn't organized, interview lasted about 10 minutes then she gave me a paper to fill out and told me to come back the next day to have an interview with the assistant manager. Came back the next day, and the assistant manager was not organized at all, she kept talking about how it was her lunch time and she was hungry, she didn't talk about any of the positions, she kept saying how many people have applied and how she has to listen to all these interviews that day but only a few positions were open. The interview ended and she didn't even get up from her chair or acknowledge that I left. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, but it started 40 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to pick up clothes off the floor and put them back in the right spot?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Applying online or in store yoi hqbe to take an 45 minute Assessment, then a 1 on 1 interview , then a 2nd interview, which you are sitting down with different department managers, then waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Waco, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was relatively quick. Only took a few days to process. The interviewer was friendly, but disorganized. We were frequently interrupted during the interview. Questions were not friendly to entry level applications and overly complicated.

Sales Associate for Fragrances Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Waco, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

All was great with the fragrance manager. Then i got drilled by the dillards store manager. He was very intimidating! He made me very nervous. And i was shown the fragrance area and a few fragrances.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fragrances? And what makeup lines do you know?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for dillards? You're going to have to work late hours and holidays.   Answer Question
    • Why didn't you just pursue a career in the same field as your last job?   Answer Question
    • What sales did you have do in your last job?   Answer Question

Ast Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very detailed about past performance. Give specific examples of how you did this. Very numbers driven so be prepared to share sales success. They want aggressive people who give blunt coaching. Warm and fuzzy doesn't fit with the culture. I found it a bit mean at times

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a Top Performing sales associate to do a new selling technique if she is succesful doing what she has always done   Answer Question