Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.1

Clinique Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2008.

Interview

Talent plus interview, district manager interview, store manager interview, regional cosmetic business manager interview. Have as many learning experiences as possible. Be open and honest. Its a hard but fun job. This position can really open a lot of doors for the future. Be willing to be dedicated to the position and remeber that your people are only as good as you. Be willing to coach and develop your team and be able to work with a lot of different personalities and coach to each one.

Interview Questions

• If you have someone that you know is an alcoholic how would you handle the situation even if they come to work sober   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Shreveport, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

asked questions, and wanted to know about my skills and qualifications and wanted to know how i would be an asset to their company, i asked about the pay and talked about benefits and pros and cons of working with the company

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's in March 2016.

Interview

I only had 3 hours to choose during a very busy work day at my previous company. They hiring manager liked me as did the vendor. They offered me a job over the phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2017.

Interview

My first interview was back in February. It was with the accessories department manager (I'm not sure why considering I wasn't even interested in. Lasted about 10 minutes. Just asked about my prior work experience. She scheduled me for a second interview which was supposed to be later that week. Well I didn't have that interview until a whole MONTH later. This time it was with the assistant store manager. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a bit unprofessional. Never heard anything back until earlier this week (April 24). A former coworker of mine works there and gave my number to the shoe department manager who set up yet another interview. This time it was with the actual store manager who asked the basic interview questions. She asked what department I was interested in and I replied "shoes and cosmetics". She calls the cosmetics manager up in which she takes over and shows me around the department. In other words, I'm hired pretty much on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Too many rigorous, poorly conducted interviews, need to be hired and interviewed by Account Executive and Business Manager not upper management, Talent Plus needs to be updated, need to explain thoroughly the expectations and job description

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have?   1 Answer

Management In Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Rogers, AR) in October 2014.

Interview

1st interview at university
    2nd interview at corporate
    Multiple interviews over a 2 day period, including a cocktail party and rotating interviews with a group of 3 people
    Also includes a tour of the store, and a meeting with the store manager with questions and a tell me about yourself portion

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to Dillard's?
      How has school prepared you for this program?
      What attracted you to the program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Amarillo, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed three times once by store manager then by an ASM and then by my counter manager, after that I was put through a phone interview for talent plus. My first interview was one on one with the Ops manager this was the hardest part of the interview, he wanted me to sale myself to him and he was very hard to read and very cold.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should chose you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied a little under a week ago, got a call the next day saying they liked what they read on the application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an interview. Got to the interview and sat down with a manager and she told me that she didn't even know she was supposed to interview anyone so she wasn't organized, interview lasted about 10 minutes then she gave me a paper to fill out and told me to come back the next day to have an interview with the assistant manager. Came back the next day, and the assistant manager was not organized at all, she kept talking about how it was her lunch time and she was hungry, she didn't talk about any of the positions, she kept saying how many people have applied and how she has to listen to all these interviews that day but only a few positions were open. The interview ended and she didn't even get up from her chair or acknowledge that I left. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, but it started 40 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to pick up clothes off the floor and put them back in the right spot?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Applying online or in store yoi hqbe to take an 45 minute Assessment, then a 1 on 1 interview , then a 2nd interview, which you are sitting down with different department managers, then waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Waco, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was relatively quick. Only took a few days to process. The interviewer was friendly, but disorganized. We were frequently interrupted during the interview. Questions were not friendly to entry level applications and overly complicated.