Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.1

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair for my University and gave the store manager my resume. Within 5 minutes of giving my pitch, she asked me to come into an interview the next day. I had to fill out the online application with a mini quiz and a personality test. I met with I believe the department manager who asked me the basic questions. Then, I was scheduled a second interview and then was called back to meet with the Store Manager for a third interview. The third interview was about my job offer, culture, and when I can start training. Before I was given a job offer, I had to sign some paperwork that included a background check.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a couple of weeks. I was scheduled for an interview and arrived 15 minutes early. The interviewer arrived more than 30 minutes after the scheduled time. She asked me some basic questions and told me I would hear back soon.
    She called me that same day and asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the store manager. I again arrived early, and was again, left waiting after my scheduled interview time.
    When I was finally interviewed, I was intimidated and told that I was destined to fail since I had no previous retail experience. I was given calculations as to how much I would have to sell per hour to keep my starting pay. My background was ridiculed and I was left believing that I was not going to be offered the job.
    The store manager then walked me out of his office to a desk and asked me to fill out some paperwork, while he interviewed the next person.
    I was left alone at a desk with no further instructions for about 20 minutes. I was then asked by another man to leave my paperwork on the desk and told that I was free to go.
    I received a call a few days later informing me that I was being offered the job, however, I turned it down as I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

I was intimidated by the store manager and told that I was destined to fail.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Brownsville, TX).

Interview

first you have to applied in the computer that they have in the store then they call you for the firts interview with the manager then if you pass that you have a second interview with the store manager few days later they call you to make an offer. Nowadays it is quick and easy.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (New Orleans, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick fast easy just be prepare to talk about your past job history bring a update resume dress to impress be yourself know about the merchandise be friendly ask questions

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I interviewed with the head store manager within a week of my application being submitted. He looked over my resume and application. Then he asked me questions to find out what I knew from working in other retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was called by the store HR/assistant manager and had a brief interview with them, where this person mainly described the work environment and evaluated my appearance and demeanor. I was then asked to interview with the department manager that same day. The manager asked me more relevant, position-specific details and described potential benefits and hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer experience you excelled in.   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in fashion merchandising and if so, why?   Answer Question
    • Are you a more creative type, or do you like to be given specific instructions?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Simple typical questions relaxed atmosphere I just talked with the store manager. Talked about my experience and what I had been doing since my last job. He was real nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why Dillard's, what is your experience, what area of the store do you see yourself working in   1 Answer

Negotiation

He made an offer and I accepted. I needed a job.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

You bring in a resume to the upstairs area where the gift wrap is. You give it to the office secretary. If you are invited back you then complete the application in office. If they call you for an interview you go through a total of three interviews. The questuk s are about your prior sales and customer service experience as well as situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (New York, NY).

Interview

Enthusiastic Store Manager interested in my sales experience. Gave insight into possible career opportunities. Questions were predictable and I was prepared. I was dressed neat, trendy and professional. I know my resume, researched the job and I was confident I would get the job that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach sales?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Dillard's?   1 Answer

Menswear Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a few rounds of interviews that were always clearly scheduled and conducted in a professional manner. I really felt like they were interested in me as a person and what I could add to the company. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the job, but the design director I interviewed with asked for me to stay in contact with him and he would keep me in mind for another position when it opened up.