Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Mobile, AL).

Interview

There wasn't one I met with them they said we want you they made an offer I took it and starTed the next day they needed to fill opening for a corporate visit the next week others who started with me have already quit

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

It was easy, not stressful, didn't take a long time. I was so stressed, there were 2 people before me when it was my turn the manager comes to welcomes me this makes me relax.The questions were easy and from real life.

Assistant to the Mens Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to a dirty room with chairs inside. There was not work sheet for the interviewer to use. She barely took any notes as well. This interview was very informal. I also have to say I ws underdressed. Don't get me wrong I dressed for an interview but the woman was wearing a floral summer dress with no sleeves.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly. Even though I was extremely nervous the manager made it known she was happy I was there and made a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was quick probably around 7 minutes. The interviewer wanted me to do most of the talking. He keep asking me if I had any questions but only asked one or two questions of his own. He wanted to know why I left my previous job and why I wanted to work for Dillard's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY).

Interview

Takes 3 interviews to get you through, they keep you waiting for a call and never call you to see if you don't get the job! They make it seem like you're going to get hired but all they do is waste your time when you could be out searching for a different job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview 3 days later . The interview from the start went downhill because she wanted to know my availability and due to children's daycare hours I can only work during the day week days . She stated I need to work atleast two nights and Sunday didn't count . From then on she seemed very uninterested , didn't really ask me anything other than how can I workout getting a new babysitter for nights . She also stated that my outfit wasn't appropriate for dillards and that my past job probably doesn't care what I wore but they do here . She was very condescending throughout the interview . I was very turned off and was just ready to leave . From what she described of the position wouldn't leave me with much of a home life and I felt very pressured about sales she said I would need to make or I would be fired . She offered me the job but I declined

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a instant call to schedule an interview. Attended the interview and was asked basic interview questions. The interaction with the manager was interesting. She wasn't rude, but I definitely didn't get the vibe she enjoyed her job. She mentioned they get no time off, that it wasn't very busy so calling people to basically get them to come in would be a requirement. (Which it is sales, so makes sense) I was offered the job but I didn't feel like it would be the right fit for me even though I love cosmetics. After reading further reviews about the company and local reviews especially, I knew it was the best decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Examples of customer services and sales experience   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was pretty fast and felt more like i was interviewing the manager. The whole interview was her telling me things they did in the juniors department and that i was going to be working in that section. i was little surprised i was like " so i got the job?"

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Well first let me say that the employer was super condescending to me. The first thing she said was "Word of advice, Dress for an interview," in literally the most condescending tone one could possibly hear. Please. Save your time and apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Dillards?   1 Answer
    • What makes you more valuable than anyone else?   1 Answer