Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.1

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canyon, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dillard's (Canyon, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was not relatable pretty much seemed to just want to get through all the questions.
    The information provided about Dillards work enviroment and culture after seemes really vague which did not gave much interest in the overall culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about fashion and Dillards? Do you know any exclusive brands?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (West Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy, applied online, got call same day to set up in person interview. Easy interview, set up second interview with store manager. Asked what department I was interested in. Negotiated pay was easy always ask for more than they offer

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

This company will not hire any black people in management, it doesn't matter how well qualified you are, particularly the one in Tallahassee,fl the process took about two weeks just to be told "I'll keep your application in mind

IT Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

You interview with members of the current teams. They talk about your experience and how you would fit into the team. You also travel to the distribution center in Maumelle.

They paid for travel and hotel.

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was a little annoyed at first for how many interviews I was called in for on many separate occassions. In the end, all went well. The last interview I was able to meet some of the management team, which I thought was great.

Interview Questions

• What management style do you use that's most effective with your staff?   1 Answer

Sales Assicate Interview

Interview

You sit down with the store or assistant store manager, focus on your ability to sell product or charm people. Prove that you can build relationships and monetize them. The interview process was brief, I was hired in less than a week. The whole training process took about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Computer based application inside store, was informed that I would be called once the hiring process begins, luckily they called me within 2 days and I was able to plan the interview the next day.so on that day I went to the office and talk to the store manager whom was very casual and we just talked and he talked about expectations and goals and asked would I do my vest to meet those. Started working the next week

Camera Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houma, LA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, and pleasant.I received a phone call from the store ASM , Interviewed with her, Came back for a second interview with the Store Manager, had fairly pleasant conversation and started the following day.

Interview Questions

• Former experience,education, time spent working retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2017.

Interview

My first interview was back in February. It was with the accessories department manager (I'm not sure why considering I wasn't even interested in. Lasted about 10 minutes. Just asked about my prior work experience. She scheduled me for a second interview which was supposed to be later that week. Well I didn't have that interview until a whole MONTH later. This time it was with the assistant store manager. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a bit unprofessional. Never heard anything back until earlier this week (April 24). A former coworker of mine works there and gave my number to the shoe department manager who set up yet another interview. This time it was with the actual store manager who asked the basic interview questions. She asked what department I was interested in and I replied "shoes and cosmetics". She calls the cosmetics manager up in which she takes over and shows me around the department. In other words, I'm hired pretty much on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Buford, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a three step process, First, you interview with a sales floor manager within whatever department. Then the assistant Manger over the store and hopefully if they like you then the store manager. the store manager is your biggest battle to win, he wants to see that you know money and know how to earn yourself more money. simple

Interview Questions

• What type of employee are you   1 Answer