Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.1

Ooen Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Columbia, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

2 interviews both very short and direct. Maximum of 1t minutes each. The first one was with a dept asm and second obe was with the store manager. Recieved a call with offer about a hoyr after second intervire

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for dillards ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. Both were easy going in a warm and friendly environment but you could easily tell how busy the store was. I was offered the job at the second interview. You need to know going into the interview where in the store you want to work.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about customer relations, what you would do with down time at work and team involvement.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Paducah, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy. Simple questions and telling about yourself. Manager pulled a bait and switch. Ask me to interview for ASM position which is what I originally applied for then changed to sales after I showed up for interview. I wore a Navy wool suit pencil skirt white shirt and navy pumps so I was dressed appropriately. When I asked to see sales numbers for present and past years since sales had declined in that area Manager was aggravated with me. Same thing when I ask about looking at how scheduling was done. Not sure if manager had ever had anyone question the business.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for sales and asked to work dock/receiving and accepted. I was very disappointed at first when asked. After the first day, I really enjoy the department I'm working in.

Interview Questions

• If I mind working dock/ receiving   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Easy, filled out application at website and took an aptitude test. Was called and met with the Assistant Store Manager. Received an offer the next day. I then started the next week on training which lasted three weeks.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dillard's (Austin, TX).

Interview

process was quick and thorough. They were very to the point but friendly. i felt i could be open and honest. It only lasted for about 15 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• why i am a good fit, personal interest, previous experience/ knowledge of position and dillard's company   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Resume submitted, less than a week to receive phone call, interview set for following week.

Met with store manager at an A store. Had a follow-up interview a couple days later with a B store manager where offer was extended immediately.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Very brief was told I had too much experience. There's no such thing in my opinion. The employee that referred me kept asking if they were going to hire me they kept giving the runaround. When they looked at my application and then called me I was told I would be perfect., but I guess things change.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment   1 Answer
    • How well do I work with the public.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled online interview. They asked about past retail experience, etc. I was lost as to why because the position description was for like a desk position. I would answer customer questions, phone orders, as well as do returns.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and easy. I was referred by another employee and was called in the next day to interview with the assistant manager. He said I would be great for the position and forwarded me to the next step which was an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with us?   1 Answer