Dillard's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Biloxi, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple, fast, got the job... But they didn't actually tell mei was hired and then called me one day beforehand and told me to show up for orientation. I had to cancel other job interviews to make that happen.

Interview Questions

• How long have to work in the retail business .?   1 Answer

Tech Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

First I applied, a few weeks later i was contacted to submit a copy of my resume. After I had a Phone interview. A month later i had an on location interview and a week later an offer was presented via email.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Interview was great! I was hired on righthe away! I was asked a series of questions, like, what goals do you have in mind or have accomplished. I was also asked if I have had jobs to where I can be competitive. This job is a competitive job, so you have to make your sales quota to stay.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about competition?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I had to do three interviews in total for this job. Which was a bit of a long process. Each interview was with a different manager. Each manager asked different questions and they don't offer the position on the spot they call back with an offer.

E Commerce Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Little Rock, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and got a pone interview and then they sent me E mail and I met with two managers in the office. One of the manager calls me and said she will call me in the morning. I did not get the job because they promoted within and he interview went great but its the policy to promote with in the company and will keep resume on file.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for a first interview and went on a Monday morning. When you arrive customer service will call for an on-duty manager to conduct the interview. Basically this is like a department manager and anyone that's available can do the interview She asked the typical interview questions and then asked if I could come back for a second interview with the assistant store manager which I did the next day and I was offered the job during that interview and a background check was conducted also

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an in-depth interview with the department manager about expectations. Had a follow up interview with the store manager the next week. Was asked how I would help or be prepared for this job and how I feel about selling a lot.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Just a brief interview with your future supervisor, a viewing of a few required films about the history of the company and other safety oriented films. After the films you'll receive your name badge.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, interviewed first by the store manager, then the department manager for which I had applied. I was hired quickly and excited to start, not knowing the awful journey that was ahead of me.

Interview Questions

• What is exceptional customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Brandon, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Short and pleasant. Asked what area I previously worked and had experience with but was only put in this area for 2 weeks then moved to an area I was unfamiliar with and had no training nor received any.

Interview Questions

• When could I start and was I flexible with scheduling.   1 Answer