Dillard's Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dillard's (Austin, TX).

Interview

process was quick and thorough. They were very to the point but friendly. i felt i could be open and honest. It only lasted for about 15 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• why i am a good fit, personal interest, previous experience/ knowledge of position and dillard's company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dillard's (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was shopping in the mall and thought I would stop by to get an application. They had me fill out a personality test. I was not prepared to interview that day, I was wearing jeans and flip flops. I answered the questions well and they asked if I would stay and interview with the operations manager. I stated that I was not prepared for the interview and I would come back, they insisted so I did and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two employees that fought over a sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. The store manger reviewed with me the results of the assessments I took when I applied. She asked me a few situation based questions. Then she asked about my availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and asked to come in for an interview. Upon arriving at the store, I was asked to fill out a Dillard's online application which consisted of work history, references and a personality test. That took about 30 minutes. After that, I had a 1:1 interview with the Assistant Store Manager which went so well, she asked me to stay and meet with her Store manager immediately. The Store Manager was more intense and she asked about my personal and career goals. After the interviews, she asked me to submit to a background check. I got a call from her by the end of the week asking me to meet with the district manager. The district manager asked a few scenario questions, "tell me of a time..." questions but I felt the interview at this point was more of an observation of my personality and demeanor. An offer was made on the spot and the salary was finally revealed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in retail?   1 Answer
    • If you could do anything in the world, what would be your dream job?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from your department store internship? Why didn't you follow a career with them after the internship?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time when you were in a group, and one or more of the members was definitely not pulling their weight. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a group that you were in that did well. Why did that group function well and what did you do to give improve the functioning of the group?   1 Answer

The hours were typical for retail and the position was ok. The pay was a little less than I felt I was worth and the benefits were downright poor. Overall, I already had other opportunities that I was pursuing and had seen better opportunities in the past.

Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2010.

Interview

I have worked for Dillards for years. I have experience so the interview went well.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in August 2009.

Interview

Typical interview face to face with store manager. Wanted to know my strengths and weaknesses

Relocation without increased compensation

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in January 2008.

Interview

long interview process