Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.0

315 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was quick probably around 7 minutes. The interviewer wanted me to do most of the talking. He keep asking me if I had any questions but only asked one or two questions of his own. He wanted to know why I left my previous job and why I wanted to work for Dillard's.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY).

Interview

Takes 3 interviews to get you through, they keep you waiting for a call and never call you to see if you don't get the job! They make it seem like you're going to get hired but all they do is waste your time when you could be out searching for a different job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview 3 days later . The interview from the start went downhill because she wanted to know my availability and due to children's daycare hours I can only work during the day week days . She stated I need to work atleast two nights and Sunday didn't count . From then on she seemed very uninterested , didn't really ask me anything other than how can I workout getting a new babysitter for nights . She also stated that my outfit wasn't appropriate for dillards and that my past job probably doesn't care what I wore but they do here . She was very condescending throughout the interview . I was very turned off and was just ready to leave . From what she described of the position wouldn't leave me with much of a home life and I felt very pressured about sales she said I would need to make or I would be fired . She offered me the job but I declined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Well first let me say that the employer was super condescending to me. The first thing she said was "Word of advice, Dress for an interview," in literally the most condescending tone one could possibly hear. Please. Save your time and apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Dillards?   1 Answer
    • What makes you more valuable than anyone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional management, interviewed by two managers who were very straight forward and down to earth. The first manager screened me first and then i met with both managers and felt very comfortable answering and asking questions

Interview Questions

• They asked my experience, and why I enjoy sales. Also answered my questions about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pasadena, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

If you have something in your background, don't get discouraged. It took a over a week but they did call me back. Also, if you have never done registers type work before, take notes during training or pay attention and ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Spartanburg, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

Arrived early. The mall was dead. I could see associates just hanging out at the counters. Once I got in the interview they talked a little about my background and how I could be an asset to the company. What they don't tell you is while they start you out at an excellent rate. They will dock your pay if you aren't reaching outrageous sales goals.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

it was not bad and not long. the manager was interested in me and all questions was ok to answer, he spoke a lot about the company and helped to understand the idea

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. First interview was a ASM just went over the details of working with Dillard's. And talk about the past job I had. Second interview was with the manager just when over of what the ASM told me and why should I get hired

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy and fast interview, nothing to be nervous about. Just make sure you are ready to answer about yourself and expierence in order basically by sequence. Be yourself, and Good luck!