Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Paducah, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy. Simple questions and telling about yourself. Manager pulled a bait and switch. Ask me to interview for ASM position which is what I originally applied for then changed to sales after I showed up for interview. I wore a Navy wool suit pencil skirt white shirt and navy pumps so I was dressed appropriately. When I asked to see sales numbers for present and past years since sales had declined in that area Manager was aggravated with me. Same thing when I ask about looking at how scheduling was done. Not sure if manager had ever had anyone question the business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Computer based application inside store, was informed that I would be called once the hiring process begins, luckily they called me within 2 days and I was able to plan the interview the next day.so on that day I went to the office and talk to the store manager whom was very casual and we just talked and he talked about expectations and goals and asked would I do my vest to meet those. Started working the next week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2017.

Interview

My first interview was back in February. It was with the accessories department manager (I'm not sure why considering I wasn't even interested in. Lasted about 10 minutes. Just asked about my prior work experience. She scheduled me for a second interview which was supposed to be later that week. Well I didn't have that interview until a whole MONTH later. This time it was with the assistant store manager. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a bit unprofessional. Never heard anything back until earlier this week (April 24). A former coworker of mine works there and gave my number to the shoe department manager who set up yet another interview. This time it was with the actual store manager who asked the basic interview questions. She asked what department I was interested in and I replied "shoes and cosmetics". She calls the cosmetics manager up in which she takes over and shows me around the department. In other words, I'm hired pretty much on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Questionnaire was tedious. Two to three interviews. Department Manager, Operations Manager, and Store Manager. The process did not take very long and you have to be able to pass a background check. They look to see how you well you fit in and how measure you up as to if you will make them money. If the department manager likes you, you move onto interview #2, and then again to #3.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

applied online (submitted resume, took analytical quiz, personality quiz, and answered questions about work preferences), I was called in for very brief first interview with the assistant store manager, called back for second interview with a department manager interview and she asked about 5 questions.. very quick process other than having to wait 2 weeks to start in their next round of employee training

Interview Questions

• Can you work until 9pm twice a week, most Saturdays and most holidays?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a couple of weeks. I was scheduled for an interview and arrived 15 minutes early. The interviewer arrived more than 30 minutes after the scheduled time. She asked me some basic questions and told me I would hear back soon.
    She called me that same day and asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the store manager. I again arrived early, and was again, left waiting after my scheduled interview time.
    When I was finally interviewed, I was intimidated and told that I was destined to fail since I had no previous retail experience. I was given calculations as to how much I would have to sell per hour to keep my starting pay. My background was ridiculed and I was left believing that I was not going to be offered the job.
    The store manager then walked me out of his office to a desk and asked me to fill out some paperwork, while he interviewed the next person.
    I was left alone at a desk with no further instructions for about 20 minutes. I was then asked by another man to leave my paperwork on the desk and told that I was free to go.
    I received a call a few days later informing me that I was being offered the job, however, I turned it down as I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

I was intimidated by the store manager and told that I was destined to fail.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I interviewed with the head store manager within a week of my application being submitted. He looked over my resume and application. Then he asked me questions to find out what I knew from working in other retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was called by the store HR/assistant manager and had a brief interview with them, where this person mainly described the work environment and evaluated my appearance and demeanor. I was then asked to interview with the department manager that same day. The manager asked me more relevant, position-specific details and described potential benefits and hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer experience you excelled in.   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in fashion merchandising and if so, why?   Answer Question
    • Are you a more creative type, or do you like to be given specific instructions?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Houston, TX).

Interview

You bring in a resume to the upstairs area where the gift wrap is. You give it to the office secretary. If you are invited back you then complete the application in office. If they call you for an interview you go through a total of three interviews. The questuk s are about your prior sales and customer service experience as well as situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (New York, NY).

Interview

Enthusiastic Store Manager interested in my sales experience. Gave insight into possible career opportunities. Questions were predictable and I was prepared. I was dressed neat, trendy and professional. I know my resume, researched the job and I was confident I would get the job that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach sales?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Dillard's?   1 Answer