Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.0

334 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied on line and in about a week I got called to come in for an interview. I met with a manager who interviewed me and then was scheduled to come back for another interview. The second interview was with the Assistant Store Manager and then I had the third interview that day which was with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's (Broomfield, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I have been training for the last week at Dillards and since they would like me to work for Este Lauder I took the online test today. Waiting to hear if I will work for the cosmetic company, if not they will keep me in another department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Norfolk, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and asked to come in the next day for my first interview. I then got a call a few days later to come in the next day for a second interview. The first interview was with an assistant manager and then the second was the with the top two managers for the store. I was then asked to wait out in the customer service area while they talked and then was told that they would be finishing other interviews before making a final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Texarkana, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got called in a Sunday to do an actual application. Then after that was completed I had the first interview that Thursday. Got a call that Saturday for a second interview this past Tuesday. Signed papers for a background check and got called and hired the same day. I start next week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hammond, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Lady called me and wanted me to come in an hour later! I had no time to prepare or drive there. I asked if we can make it for later on that same day. She seemed bugged that I asked. I've never had someone call me at 9am and ask me to be there at 10am just for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Ogden, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I arrived for the interview and they were very nice and welcoming. They offered me the job, and told me that everyones pay goes down from $12/hr to $8/hr if you dont meet the sales quote, so the next day I called to decline the offer. I read online that they have you meet a sales quote, and if you dont, they could fire you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in September 2017.

Interview

went in for interview and was only asked if i minded sales goals, did i mind doing markdowns, and was informed that i would work weekends. I had questions, and during that part of the interview the dept mgr made a comment about how "this was the longest interview he's ever done." Rude.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about doing markdowns?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about sales goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pensacola, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview is with a floor manager, they ask questions about previous work history and why you feel like you'd be a good choice to work for Dillards. If they like you, they take you over for a second interview with the store manager, who will ask additional questions. If they like you they offer you a position (may or may not tell you a specific department to work in) and then has you fill out a background check form.

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly. Even though I was extremely nervous the manager made it known she was happy I was there and made a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was quick probably around 7 minutes. The interviewer wanted me to do most of the talking. He keep asking me if I had any questions but only asked one or two questions of his own. He wanted to know why I left my previous job and why I wanted to work for Dillard's.