Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.0

324 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied on line and in about a week I got called to come in for an interview. I met with a manager who interviewed me and then was scheduled to come back for another interview. The second interview was with the Assistant Store Manager and then I had the third interview that day which was with the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Texarkana, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got called in a Sunday to do an actual application. Then after that was completed I had the first interview that Thursday. Got a call that Saturday for a second interview this past Tuesday. Signed papers for a background check and got called and hired the same day. I start next week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Ogden, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I arrived for the interview and they were very nice and welcoming. They offered me the job, and told me that everyones pay goes down from $12/hr to $8/hr if you dont meet the sales quote, so the next day I called to decline the offer. I read online that they have you meet a sales quote, and if you dont, they could fire you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in September 2017.

Interview

went in for interview and was only asked if i minded sales goals, did i mind doing markdowns, and was informed that i would work weekends. I had questions, and during that part of the interview the dept mgr made a comment about how "this was the longest interview he's ever done." Rude.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about doing markdowns?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about sales goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly. Even though I was extremely nervous the manager made it known she was happy I was there and made a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

The interview was quick probably around 7 minutes. The interviewer wanted me to do most of the talking. He keep asking me if I had any questions but only asked one or two questions of his own. He wanted to know why I left my previous job and why I wanted to work for Dillard's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY).

Interview

Takes 3 interviews to get you through, they keep you waiting for a call and never call you to see if you don't get the job! They make it seem like you're going to get hired but all they do is waste your time when you could be out searching for a different job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview 3 days later . The interview from the start went downhill because she wanted to know my availability and due to children's daycare hours I can only work during the day week days . She stated I need to work atleast two nights and Sunday didn't count . From then on she seemed very uninterested , didn't really ask me anything other than how can I workout getting a new babysitter for nights . She also stated that my outfit wasn't appropriate for dillards and that my past job probably doesn't care what I wore but they do here . She was very condescending throughout the interview . I was very turned off and was just ready to leave . From what she described of the position wouldn't leave me with much of a home life and I felt very pressured about sales she said I would need to make or I would be fired . She offered me the job but I declined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Well first let me say that the employer was super condescending to me. The first thing she said was "Word of advice, Dress for an interview," in literally the most condescending tone one could possibly hear. Please. Save your time and apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Dillards?   1 Answer
    • What makes you more valuable than anyone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional management, interviewed by two managers who were very straight forward and down to earth. The first manager screened me first and then i met with both managers and felt very comfortable answering and asking questions

Interview Questions

• They asked my experience, and why I enjoy sales. Also answered my questions about the company   1 Answer