Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.4

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Norfolk, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call and asked to come in the next day for my first interview. I then got a call a few days later to come in the next day for a second interview. The first interview was with an assistant manager and then the second was the with the top two managers for the store. I was then asked to wait out in the customer service area while they talked and then was told that they would be finishing other interviews before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I interviewed at Dillard's (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within the next day or two I got a call from them. However, they did not have the job I applied for to offer me, they wanted me to come in to interview for the gift wrapping job in the back, answering phone calls, more of an office job. I went in to interview for it because I didn’t want to decline any possible opportunities, because I really wanted to be apart of the Dillards team. however when I explained that I sent in my application for a part time position, they said that for the “unavailability” issue, that I will not “work for them”. I’m still a little confused because I sent in my application in for a part time job, however was interviewed for a full time position. Either way, that’s the only negative thing about my experience, and it was just very inconvenient since time is valuable. Other than that, they were very professional, and were very nice people.

I also got a call back from the same lady who told me to come in for the interview the first time. She talked to me over the phone and told me she’d talk to her supervisor again about me. I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for Dillards?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hammond, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Lady called me and wanted me to come in an hour later! I had no time to prepare or drive there. I asked if we can make it for later on that same day. She seemed bugged that I asked. I've never had someone call me at 9am and ask me to be there at 10am just for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's in September 2017.

Interview

went in for interview and was only asked if i minded sales goals, did i mind doing markdowns, and was informed that i would work weekends. I had questions, and during that part of the interview the dept mgr made a comment about how "this was the longest interview he's ever done." Rude.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about doing markdowns?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about sales goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY).

Interview

Takes 3 interviews to get you through, they keep you waiting for a call and never call you to see if you don't get the job! They make it seem like you're going to get hired but all they do is waste your time when you could be out searching for a different job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Well first let me say that the employer was super condescending to me. The first thing she said was "Word of advice, Dress for an interview," in literally the most condescending tone one could possibly hear. Please. Save your time and apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Dillards?   1 Answer
    • What makes you more valuable than anyone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied a little under a week ago, got a call the next day saying they liked what they read on the application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an interview. Got to the interview and sat down with a manager and she told me that she didn't even know she was supposed to interview anyone so she wasn't organized, interview lasted about 10 minutes then she gave me a paper to fill out and told me to come back the next day to have an interview with the assistant manager. Came back the next day, and the assistant manager was not organized at all, she kept talking about how it was her lunch time and she was hungry, she didn't talk about any of the positions, she kept saying how many people have applied and how she has to listen to all these interviews that day but only a few positions were open. The interview ended and she didn't even get up from her chair or acknowledge that I left. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, but it started 40 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to pick up clothes off the floor and put them back in the right spot?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone two or three days later to set up an interview. I had the interview a few days after the phone call. The interview was very pleasant. I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experience and how I have handled various situations in the past. The manager who interviewed me was friendly. I am not ready to take a job yet but would like to re-apply in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a previous job to increase sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward and very quick. I wasn't able to work the hours they wanted me too due to college. In order to work there they want you to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What is your retail job experience?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job, filled out a 12 page questionnaire. This resulted in a telephone call setting up a one on one interview. This resulted in a second interview discussing availability and salary.

Interview Questions

• We talked about prior experience.   1 Answer