Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied a little under a week ago, got a call the next day saying they liked what they read on the application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an interview. Got to the interview and sat down with a manager and she told me that she didn't even know she was supposed to interview anyone so she wasn't organized, interview lasted about 10 minutes then she gave me a paper to fill out and told me to come back the next day to have an interview with the assistant manager. Came back the next day, and the assistant manager was not organized at all, she kept talking about how it was her lunch time and she was hungry, she didn't talk about any of the positions, she kept saying how many people have applied and how she has to listen to all these interviews that day but only a few positions were open. The interview ended and she didn't even get up from her chair or acknowledge that I left. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, but it started 40 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your last job?   Answer Question
  • Are you willing to pick up clothes off the floor and put them back in the right spot?   Answer Question
  • What can you tell me about the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone two or three days later to set up an interview. I had the interview a few days after the phone call. The interview was very pleasant. I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experience and how I have handled various situations in the past. The manager who interviewed me was friendly. I am not ready to take a job yet but would like to re-apply in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a previous job to increase sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward and very quick. I wasn't able to work the hours they wanted me too due to college. In order to work there they want you to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What is your retail job experience?
      What is your availability?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job, filled out a 12 page questionnaire. This resulted in a telephone call setting up a one on one interview. This resulted in a second interview discussing availability and salary.

Interview Questions

• We talked about prior experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Waco, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was relatively quick. Only took a few days to process. The interviewer was friendly, but disorganized. We were frequently interrupted during the interview. Questions were not friendly to entry level applications and overly complicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Maumee, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and honestly didn't expect to hear anything from them because I thought I did horribly at the online application. But about 2 weeks after filling it out online, I received a call asking me if I'd like to come in for an interview. I said yes and came in a week later and met with the shoe department manager. I thought that was odd but just went with it. She asked basic questions about my last job, availability, etc. If was very easy maybe because I have only had one job before. Anyway, she set me up with a second interview with the store manager. I just had that interview yesterday. Again she iterated the same questions as last time and asked about if I could set goals for myself, and what I could bring to the team. It lasted about 10 minutes tops and I was left with no closure. She said they were still conducting interviews until February 9 and I would receive a call before then if I'm hired.

Update** It is now February 9th and I have not received a call. I did call them on February 5th and they said they were still hiring and deliberating and I might still hear from them. I'm very disappointed and frankly think they are rude for not giving me closure.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok setting sales goals for yourself?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer
    • What department would I like to work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint George, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the store manager called to setup an interview the next day. My first interview was 2 days later with a supervisor, the following day I had a second interview with the assistant store manager. She offered me the position at interview. My background check was completed and I attended orientation two days later

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Basically I applied online and I have a really close friend that works there so I put her down as an employee reference. About a week later, I got a call from Dillard's and the woman was extremely nice. I go to the interview and I had thought that I got the job because she copied my drivers license and ID and we did the military background check and I filled out a bunch of papers but I still haven't received a call back. She told me to call her in a week if I didn't hear from her so I did and she said she was waiting for the sales managers to give her open positions.It's been two weeks. Not even a call to tell me that I didn't get the job, I even emailed her and she didn't respond.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I only was able to do the one interview due to schedule issues. The interview was going well until she told me I was required to work on the weekends. On my applications, I put work for Monday through Friday from the morning until the afternoon. Therefore I was unable to do the second interview. The interview was more like a pitch on what the job consisted of and if I was willing to do it. I wish they had more consideration on the times put in the application. I was told I would be started as part time but would get 18 of my hours on Saturday and Sunday. It seemed like the interview was less about me and more about the rules of the job. It was a bit strange but honestly if I did not have a scheduling conflict for the weekends, I would have gone to the second audition. The people I met were very kind.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions asked honestly. The problem was with scheduling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnt Store Marina, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Burnt Store Marina, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application and got called in for an interview two days later the following week was my interview my interview consist of two interviewers one was easy going the other not so much