Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for sales and asked to work dock/receiving and accepted. I was very disappointed at first when asked. After the first day, I really enjoy the department I'm working in.

Interview Questions

• If I mind working dock/ receiving   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Computer based application inside store, was informed that I would be called once the hiring process begins, luckily they called me within 2 days and I was able to plan the interview the next day.so on that day I went to the office and talk to the store manager whom was very casual and we just talked and he talked about expectations and goals and asked would I do my vest to meet those. Started working the next week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dillard's in February 2017.

Interview

My first interview was back in February. It was with the accessories department manager (I'm not sure why considering I wasn't even interested in. Lasted about 10 minutes. Just asked about my prior work experience. She scheduled me for a second interview which was supposed to be later that week. Well I didn't have that interview until a whole MONTH later. This time it was with the assistant store manager. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a bit unprofessional. Never heard anything back until earlier this week (April 24). A former coworker of mine works there and gave my number to the shoe department manager who set up yet another interview. This time it was with the actual store manager who asked the basic interview questions. She asked what department I was interested in and I replied "shoes and cosmetics". She calls the cosmetics manager up in which she takes over and shows me around the department. In other words, I'm hired pretty much on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Buford, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a three step process, First, you interview with a sales floor manager within whatever department. Then the assistant Manger over the store and hopefully if they like you then the store manager. the store manager is your biggest battle to win, he wants to see that you know money and know how to earn yourself more money. simple

Interview Questions

• What type of employee are you   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Questionnaire was tedious. Two to three interviews. Department Manager, Operations Manager, and Store Manager. The process did not take very long and you have to be able to pass a background check. They look to see how you well you fit in and how measure you up as to if you will make them money. If the department manager likes you, you move onto interview #2, and then again to #3.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

applied online (submitted resume, took analytical quiz, personality quiz, and answered questions about work preferences), I was called in for very brief first interview with the assistant store manager, called back for second interview with a department manager interview and she asked about 5 questions.. very quick process other than having to wait 2 weeks to start in their next round of employee training

Interview Questions

• Can you work until 9pm twice a week, most Saturdays and most holidays?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's in January 2017.

Interview

I never actually finished my application before I received a phone call from the business sales manager of my department. Interview was basic, and pretty simple. They really just want to know your availabity and whether or not you can work retail hours. (Weekend/holiday)

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a couple of weeks. I was scheduled for an interview and arrived 15 minutes early. The interviewer arrived more than 30 minutes after the scheduled time. She asked me some basic questions and told me I would hear back soon.
    She called me that same day and asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the store manager. I again arrived early, and was again, left waiting after my scheduled interview time.
    When I was finally interviewed, I was intimidated and told that I was destined to fail since I had no previous retail experience. I was given calculations as to how much I would have to sell per hour to keep my starting pay. My background was ridiculed and I was left believing that I was not going to be offered the job.
    The store manager then walked me out of his office to a desk and asked me to fill out some paperwork, while he interviewed the next person.
    I was left alone at a desk with no further instructions for about 20 minutes. I was then asked by another man to leave my paperwork on the desk and told that I was free to go.
    I received a call a few days later informing me that I was being offered the job, however, I turned it down as I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

I was intimidated by the store manager and told that I was destined to fail.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I interviewed with the head store manager within a week of my application being submitted. He looked over my resume and application. Then he asked me questions to find out what I knew from working in other retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

I was called by the store HR/assistant manager and had a brief interview with them, where this person mainly described the work environment and evaluated my appearance and demeanor. I was then asked to interview with the department manager that same day. The manager asked me more relevant, position-specific details and described potential benefits and hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer experience you excelled in.   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in fashion merchandising and if so, why?   Answer Question
    • Are you a more creative type, or do you like to be given specific instructions?   Answer Question