Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Macon, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the store secretary after applying through Dillard's online application service. I arrived early for the interview, but customer service and management was not particularly organized or ready to receive me. The questions were standard fair. I was offered an improvised position as training manager based on my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Applying online or in store yoi hqbe to take an 45 minute Assessment, then a 1 on 1 interview , then a 2nd interview, which you are sitting down with different department managers, then waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

You interview with the store manager who is really nice. Make sure you know about the company and why you decided to apply and what you would like to gain from the experience. Have an idea of what department you would like to work in because they may ask you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

A department manager recommended me for a position and arranged for me to meet the store manager. After speaking about my experience, we discussed different commissioned and hourly sales positions. I was asked where I'd like to work and after answering they said they would call me in the next few days. The next day the called with the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a coworker.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Basically you have two interviews. The first interview you interview with a manager for on one of the departments in the store. And then if all goes well you get called back for a second interview with the assistant store manager or main store manager. I was interviewd by the store manager herself on my second interview and it was a great interview and she was a great manger she made me feel very welcomed and excited to work at Dillards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dillards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview Hills, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Crestview Hills, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied a little under a week ago, got a call the next day saying they liked what they read on the application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an interview. Got to the interview and sat down with a manager and she told me that she didn't even know she was supposed to interview anyone so she wasn't organized, interview lasted about 10 minutes then she gave me a paper to fill out and told me to come back the next day to have an interview with the assistant manager. Came back the next day, and the assistant manager was not organized at all, she kept talking about how it was her lunch time and she was hungry, she didn't talk about any of the positions, she kept saying how many people have applied and how she has to listen to all these interviews that day but only a few positions were open. The interview ended and she didn't even get up from her chair or acknowledge that I left. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, but it started 40 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to pick up clothes off the floor and put them back in the right spot?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone two or three days later to set up an interview. I had the interview a few days after the phone call. The interview was very pleasant. I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experience and how I have handled various situations in the past. The manager who interviewed me was friendly. I am not ready to take a job yet but would like to re-apply in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a previous job to increase sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

manger was nice appriciated my insight from previous positions then said i had to do a 2nd interview before being hired store manger was also nice.

Interview Questions

• standard questions to gauge ability's to work in retail, open ended and i feel like i talked alot about what i love about clothing retail.... not much else to say, made it seem super easy to achive full time since they simply wont start people art full time even though they always need more staffing and seem to have the hours to give   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

I was asked about applicable work history. I was recruited from another store by phone based on a previous application and a promise of more hours. An appoinment was set and we reviewed potential advantages of working at said store. I was dressed for the position that I was considering. The questions were conversational and most likely geared toward assessing my ability to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• What made you consider said store.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward and very quick. I wasn't able to work the hours they wanted me too due to college. In order to work there they want you to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What is your retail job experience?
      What is your availability?
      Answer Question