Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief and pretty easy. Granted I was being hired during the holiday season but not as a seasonal worker. The interview was formal but very easy and breezy. Usually it is a 2 interview process but I only had one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then went in every day to see if the mgr had read my application. After 2 visits she invited me to her office for an interview. It was so casual I didn't realize it was an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself from 1 to 10 in aggressiveness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy process wasn't given a "real interview " just spoke with the manager for my department. Got the job the same day of interview. Kinda hire anyone with experience or referred

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Boring and easy. You had to go through two-three people. Department manager and then the assistant manger and then the STORE manager. Overall the process was not very hard and they asked typical interview questions. They did not tell you how crappy the job would be.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Dillards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Norman, OK).

Interview

When applying you go back to a computer and take a 30 min questioner that asks all sorts of questions to try and dig into your personality. My interview was incredibly short and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are based on hours you can work and knowing that you have to work holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They dont negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Macon, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the store secretary after applying through Dillard's online application service. I arrived early for the interview, but customer service and management was not particularly organized or ready to receive me. The questions were standard fair. I was offered an improvised position as training manager based on my qualifications for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

Applying online or in store yoi hqbe to take an 45 minute Assessment, then a 1 on 1 interview , then a 2nd interview, which you are sitting down with different department managers, then waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that would make us want to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

You interview with the store manager who is really nice. Make sure you know about the company and why you decided to apply and what you would like to gain from the experience. Have an idea of what department you would like to work in because they may ask you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dillard's.

Interview

A department manager recommended me for a position and arranged for me to meet the store manager. After speaking about my experience, we discussed different commissioned and hourly sales positions. I was asked where I'd like to work and after answering they said they would call me in the next few days. The next day the called with the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a coworker.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Basically you have two interviews. The first interview you interview with a manager for on one of the departments in the store. And then if all goes well you get called back for a second interview with the assistant store manager or main store manager. I was interviewd by the store manager herself on my second interview and it was a great interview and she was a great manger she made me feel very welcomed and excited to work at Dillards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dillards?   1 Answer