Dillard's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.9

309 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone two or three days later to set up an interview. I had the interview a few days after the phone call. The interview was very pleasant. I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experience and how I have handled various situations in the past. The manager who interviewed me was friendly. I am not ready to take a job yet but would like to re-apply in a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a previous job to increase sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dillard's

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

manger was nice appriciated my insight from previous positions then said i had to do a 2nd interview before being hired store manger was also nice.

Interview Questions

• standard questions to gauge ability's to work in retail, open ended and i feel like i talked alot about what i love about clothing retail.... not much else to say, made it seem super easy to achive full time since they simply wont start people art full time even though they always need more staffing and seem to have the hours to give   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dillard's (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

I was asked about applicable work history. I was recruited from another store by phone based on a previous application and a promise of more hours. An appoinment was set and we reviewed potential advantages of working at said store. I was dressed for the position that I was considering. The questions were conversational and most likely geared toward assessing my ability to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• What made you consider said store.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's in April 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward and very quick. I wasn't able to work the hours they wanted me too due to college. In order to work there they want you to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What is your retail job experience?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Plantation, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application and resumé, I got a call from a woman in HR named Barbara within a week. They were 20 minutes late with starting my interview (disorganized much) they claimed all managers were on lunch... Why even schedule an interview during lunch hours then? Anyway I sat down with three managers (Jeffery, Wendy, and Bruce). They all asked the same cookie cutter interview questions. I would assume the first two interviews went smoothly, considering the third manager they sat me down with was the store manager. He told me about an orientation that was scheduled for the next week and that I should be included in that months orientation.. They all smiled in my face and sent me off. Well I never heard back from them, so I called Barbara, the HR lady, who said "oh we put you in for next months orientation." Who would want to work in a place full of disorganized unprofessional people where you have to stay on top of them about a job? No thank you! They try to dangle the base pay over your head like its so much money its only a dollar more than minimum wage. Its a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Pine Bluff, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Pine Bluff, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple; Interview by two managers separately; Company is very racially biased. Minorities get hourly jobs less qualified non-minorities get salary or management jobs. Most racist company in Arkansas. Interview process is not at all geared towards qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Boise, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

I didn't even have an interview, I got hired because the store manager had the hots for my department manager and couldn't say no to her. I showed up, and he just shook my hand, after smiling at her (my dept. manager). Worst job I've ever had. Poor unorganized management, and horrible turn over rate.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Stockton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First you interview with the department manager and then the store manager. The dept manager asks questions about your experience and the store manager asks more about your strengths and weaknesses. Make you you emphasize how you're good at selling merchandise and providing wardrobe assistance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you will sale a complete baby outfit to a customer? I was in the Childrens dept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are bilingual, make sure you say that because I believe the pay is .50 more if you're bilingual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Frisco, TX).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The manager of the men's department interviewed me and pretty much just looked over my resume. They wanted to know if I had retail experience and gave me different scenarios to react to. The interview process isn't hard at all, just make sure you are polite and have a warm personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job, filled out a 12 page questionnaire. This resulted in a telephone call setting up a one on one interview. This resulted in a second interview discussing availability and salary.

Interview Questions

• We talked about prior experience.   1 Answer